Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who moved the last steps?  (Read 2441 times)

ronkh

Who moved the last steps?
« on: September 26, 2008, 09:56:18 am »

Morning, (Cant say "good")! :(

After what had been a crappy week, I was quite glad to get home on Thusday. The week's bad run started on Sunday evening when my electric/oil heater started making strange noises and when I looked under the bench to have a look, it let loose with an almighty bang. Cue chair flying back (me still in it) at a very fast rate of knots. Boat bits in my hands gone with the fright, light fuse tripped out and stink of burnt electrics and other smells. (Not me). :o :o :o
Monday okay apart from usual car-park problems on M25 and the start of a cold. Tuesday walked into part of a CNC lathe and really hurt my side. Rest of week had a training course on a couple of new machines at work and cold became a stinker of a cold. Sneezing, runny nose, terrible headache made worse by having to concentrate on said course.
Thursday >:( Boy. The glad feeling soon went at about 7.30. Just had my dinner, went upstairs to change and for some reason, coming down, my brain did not register that there was another two stairs to go before landing floor. Landing floor being the correct term as I went flying down, straight onto my right arm and immediately heard a sound like a slap on skin. Agony for an hour or so but with a couple of Nurofen just a numb feeling. 2 in the morning and realized it was more then just a slapping sound I heard. Hospital visit today (Friday) 6.30a.m. and comfirmation that I am now the proud owner of a fracture of my right elbow :o >>:-( >:( :embarrassed: Need another xray on Tuesday before they can set it or put plaster or whatever they do. At least a week of work, and though I can type (slooooowly) am not sure if I can work on boats. If cant, then its' going to be a very long, slow time off work.

Oh well, must fly.

Ron.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Who moved the last steps?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:14:06 am »

... do you know, I thought I was having a bad week .... but now in comparison it's been a really good week!

Take it easy Big Ron, hope it wasn't you beer elbow!  ;)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ronkh

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:21:56 am »

Make it one other bad bit of the week. Yes, it was the beer elbow :'( :'( :'( :'(
Either a straw or time to train the wife how to pour down throat :angel:

Ron.

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:42:11 pm »

Never mind Ron t can only get better from now on and with a bit of luck Lewis may just cheer you up in Singapore...

Get well soon amigo.

Barry

RipSlider

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:48:37 pm »

If it's any consolation, I accidentally glued myself to my garage roof at the weekend and then stood up suddenly to stop the cat walking in the glue, removing a large chunk of my trousers and the top layers of the skin on my backside.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Not as painful, but infinately more embarrassing, and at least you can sit down without wincing.......

Steve

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 01:57:59 pm »

Ron, your parting phrase "must fly".....er, I don't think so! Take it easy chief.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:07 pm »

Ron, while at hospital, have a look around, following modeling items can be very usefull: Large syringe's (with or with needles), the oxygen pipe (make sure no one is connected to the other end) the plaster (which you may end up seeing a lot of)--great for molds, rubber gloves, those disposable carboard dish type things they use, and anything else that looks good on a boat !!!!!
So its not all bad news--free shopping
Good luck
Phil
 :)
Steamed up all the time

ronkh

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:47 pm »

Am going to have plenty of time in the next couple of weeks or so (do not know how long this is going to take to heal), and have always meant to ask certain questions. Time was always a barrier for me but, hopefully, I can let loose. I will be posting photos of a static yacht - the Rainbow y-class - that I have been building. Questions about tug building (never done one), that I would like to scratch build and of which I have plans for some. Motors for same and all things electrical for it. Motor etc for my converted fishing boat/yacht the Bruma, (my second ever built model, pics included). Simple plans for my 13 year old son, who has taken an interest in boats though I cant see where he got that idea from!! And generally anything that I can think of.
RipSlider,
I thought I was a silly a##e. Who put the cream on?
Cheers Footski. He will win!
Big Ron? I'm only 16.5 stone. A positive light weight ::)
Must Go. Not "Fly"
Ron.

ronkh

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 02:49:09 pm »

Ron, while at hospital, have a look around, following modeling items can be very usefull: Large syringe's (with or with needles), the oxygen pipe (make sure no one is connected to the other end) the plaster (which you may end up seeing a lot of)--great for molds, rubber gloves, those disposable carboard dish type things they use, and anything else that looks good on a boat !!!!!
So its not all bad news--free shopping
Good luck
Phil
 :)
As long as RipSlder has not been near them re; his butt!! :embarrassed: {-)

Ron1

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 03:02:22 pm »

I think it was a FIA conspiracy to keep you out of the way, probably hired a Fararri fan to take away the last 2 steps. ;) ;)

ronkh

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 03:56:27 pm »

Do you ever get the feeling that the FIA, " :Pwhip my ass :P" Mad Max and Ferrari can't be trusted?
Noooooooo. I must be wrong.

Ron.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.