Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wanted: Information on warship 45  (Read 2707 times)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
wanted: Information on warship 45
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »

hi there, does anyone know anything about whether warship 45 is still going, ????

yours, Mark Wilkes PMBC
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Barthez

Re: wanted: Information on warship 45
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:17:27 pm »

Blimey thats a blast from the past !
I am not sure if they are, I was a member about 10 years ago. but I can't remember when I last saw a news letter. I have had a look through my model boat stuff and I can't find any of the old news letters I had so, I Can't help you with any contact details.
bart

warspite

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:27:59 pm »

are they the blackpool lot, if so i thought they disbanded years ago, i went to their last sail at stanley park

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:52:22 pm »

More a case of "A Blackpool Lot".  As far as I am aware, they are still in existence, but sailing at Stanley Park has been very awkward for many years, due to poor parking a long way away from any sailable parts of the lake.  Much of the lakeside is also either inaccessible due to shrubbery or anglers.  The lake is supposed to be fresh, but a mate of mine who fell in many years ago claims that the warts on the back of his hand cleared up shortly afterwards......
Not to be confused with "my" Blackpool lot, the Blackpool and Fylde Model Boat Club, which sails to the south of the town, at Fairhaven Lake in Ansdell.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

warspite

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 10:15:21 pm »

Sorry, i was refering to the stanley park group which if i remember had something or other 45 in the name

warspite

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:13:33 pm »

Any members of the warship 45 group as a forum member?, i would like to know if the graff spee actually got finished. ???

ambernblu

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 11:18:18 pm »

... it sure did, off the River plate actually - the German crew blew it up!   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.