Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstalling AVG8  (Read 1432 times)

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
Uninstalling AVG8
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:56:30 am »

I am trying to uninstall AVG8 off my computer, I have bought myself Kaspersky to install on the laptop and PC. Everything went fine with the install on the laptop, removed Norton that came preinstalled and I started on the PC. Using the add/remove program tool I uninstalled AVG so I thought. I have done a search for any AVG/grisoft files or folders but Kaspersky is still saying AVG8 is still there.

Any Ideas?
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Uninstalling AVG8
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:20:49 am »

You will probably need to re-install AVG8 to enable the remaining files to be removed.  Remove AVG from the start-up list.  I use a program called Startup Inspector for Windows for this.  Free and it works rather better than MS's offering.   Restart the machine in safe mode (involves hopeful tapping of the f8 key just after switch-on which directs you to a start menu).  With AVG installed, but not running, it SHOULD remove fully in safe mode.  Is there any chance of a smiley for crossed fingers?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
Re: Uninstalling AVG8
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:45:06 pm »

Cheers Malcolm, I tried the install & uninstall of AVG8 and that still didn't work. I found a removal tool on the Kaspersky site for this problem. I just did't see it this morning

Cheers

Marc
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.