Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer drivers  (Read 9713 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Re: Printer drivers
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 07:27:48 pm »

Got my printer back "on-line" now...but I think the driver is a "generic" one. But it also turned out that the driver was not the only thing at fault.
1. The yellow ink had started to congeal and was clogging the nozzles. Apparently this is a common problem with yellow. Don't ask me why!
2. Even after "fixing" the problem the results on glossy paper that I bought from Aldi (thinking it was a "good buy") were still rubbish. When I swapped to one of my more expensive papers the results were dramatically better.
Thanks for all your help. BY.
I have got cracking results with Aldi paper, The printer has to be set to the right type of paper, mines an Epson and I use the "quality glossy film" setting.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
Re: Printer drivers
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2008, 05:37:16 am »

I set mine to photo paper and the print settings to Best Photo,  thery're very good pics.

I also do a sample with plain papaer to make sure the nozzles are clear   :-)), before I start doing best quality pics.

Using Fugi paper it gives good glossy pics but I have to manualy adjust the pic size to 108mm x 150mm (6x4) it doesn't seem to like the 6 x 4 imperial setting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.