Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Title  (Read 1606 times)

joppyuk

Book Title
« on: September 29, 2008, 07:47:39 pm »

Purely to lighten your day. According to the Bookseller magazine poll for the oddest title of the past 30 years, a book called How To Avoid Huge Ships came third, after People Who Don't Know Theyre Dead, with the winner being Greek Rural Postmen and Their Cancellation Numbers. And people call us strange?

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Book Title
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:03:40 pm »

Not that I have seen it and it might be urban legend, but I gather there is a book based on the iceberg's point of view after sinking the Titanic, a must have for any bookshelf  O0
Steamed up all the time

The long Build

Re: Book Title
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:53 pm »

You Never Know.. Funny enough I heard about that..

LOS ANGELES—Director James Cameron told Variety yesterday of his intentions to write and direct the Academy Award–winning Titanic's companion film, Iceberg, which will be told completely from the infamous chunk of frozen water's point of view.

"Nobody ever talks about the iceberg's side of the tragic saga—how it formed millions of years ago, eventually became a glacier, then calved off  the Arctic ice shelf and floated away into the Atlantic Ocean toward its rendezvous with death," said Cameron, adding that the three hour hour film will begin with the evaporation of liquid water, transition to snow falling and freezing, and include the most expensive gradual ice cap formation sequence ever filmed. "It's a nature vs. man struggle on an epic scale. The world needs to hear this story

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/new_titanic_film_told_from

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.