Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Malta  (Read 3199 times)

AlanP

Malta
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:22 pm »

Well I am off to Sliema in Malta on Wednesday to recharge the batteries, no, not the boat batteries, mine.

I will now go into whisper mode so the wife wont hear

Has anyone been to model shops over there? are there any? is there a local boat club?

10 days, I will need a fix  ;D

Alan

Martin13

Re: Malta
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:48 pm »

AlanP,

That's where I was hatched although a long time ago. Their is one club that sail yachts, I once found a site for them but cannot locate at the present. You shouldn't have much trouble in locating them, after all, the Island ain't that big. They were located in either Sliema or Valletta.
As for hobby shops, I'm fairly certain they get their gear from the UK.

Hope that was of some help O0

Say Hi to my relatives whilst your their - probably most of em. {-) {-)

Martin doon under

bigfella

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:19:56 pm »

Ah yes Malta. I spent the best 6 years of my life there. I seem to recall there were quite a few toy and hobby shops there when I lived in Malta. Mind you that was in the sixties and there were toy and hobby shops on every corner around the world then. If you get the chance go to St Paul's Bay a very nice spot and plenty of 1/1 scale boats to get some inspiration for your next build.

Do enjoy Malta O0 O0

Regards David

Reade Models

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:26 pm »

We do a surprising amount of business with modellers on Malta.  It's been a busy mail order destination for our products over the years. - I get the impression that model boating is quite big there?

Malc

AlanP

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:56:40 pm »

Looking forward to it now.
Get off the plane and shout Hello from Martin

Hobby shop on every corner

Sort out any problems for Reade Models  {-)

Take photo's of my next project

Oh, forgot about the other half mmmmmmmmmmm

Martin13

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 12:16:12 am »

Reade Models

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:56:24 am »

Sort out any problems for Reade Models  {-)

Thanks for the offer, but we don't currently have any problems on Malta.

We do have 50 Pounds of lead ballast that needs taking to a customer if you have room in your suitcase?  {-) {-)

Have a good holiday...

Malc

ronkh

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 10:41:49 am »

Sounds like AlanP will either be in heaven or be in total trouble with the better half!  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( Would be a brave man to forget about that side! You may have to take up the offer of the 50Ibs lead weight if things go wrong :'( :angel: :'( with length of rope tied to your ankle!
Have a good time.

Ron.

Dont forget pics.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:24:44 am »

Malta, Mrs Steamboat, no go shoppie to model shop- :( :(
Arh ha, nip into "kiss me quick me hat" type souvenir shop, buy little toy battrey boat just for hols=happiness
 O0
OH and I did come back with a wooden model kit of a Maltese fishing boat (compulsory it appears)----you will too I have no doubt
Steamed up all the time

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 03:38:50 pm »

Enjoy it Alan, its a great place.

I was in Gozo a few years ago, great place, found a maritime museum, privately owned, it had loads of stuff on Vickers built ships.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

AlanP

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 09:04:05 pm »

This will be my last post, by this time tomorrow I will have nothing to wear, it will all be packed into suit cases by Mrs AlanP and as the computer is near the window I might frighten the neighbours  ::) There will be nothing in the fridge to eat  :(, hope the meal on the plane is substantial
Well it's not all bad, I don't have to pack my own case, maybe as well as I would struggle to get my Springer in it   ;D

Will have a look for that museum Ian if I get chance, hope the thought of Vickers doesn't  upset me too much.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.