Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aberdeen Model Boat Event  (Read 2730 times)

bobdoc

Aberdeen Model Boat Event
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:27:28 pm »

Today, Aberdeen celebrated 125 years of the Duthie Park, a superb venue for many activities, formal and organised or just a pleasant stroll through the extensive gardens or glasshouses. The large rectangular boating pond enjoys an active and continuing use. As a youth, I well remember huge free-running yachts, with vane or less sophisticated control, before today's almost universal radio control

Members of at least 4 model boat clubs (Aberdeen, Buchanness, Tarlair and Pentland) and, no doubt some "independents", provided a major contribution to today's event and this link (hopefully) will provide images from at least one happy punter

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/milne.bob/DuthieParkEvent?authkey=XNVivYrked4&pli=1#

Hopefully the link will provide one observers images of the day - when not distracted by the mellifluous music emanating from the Victorian bandstand.

Enjoy!

Bobdoc

catengineman

Re: Aberdeen Model Boat Event
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:39:17 pm »

Great pictures  O0 O0

R,

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:51:44 am »

Looks like you had a great day. Many thanks for posting the pics.
Best Wishes
Douglas

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 04:58:32 pm »

Hello bobdoc!

Very nice photos. I particularly like the ones of the "Boston Typhoon" model. This is a very fine rendition of the superb Mountfleet Models kit (?) with some excellent weathering. The "Maggie M" is also very convincing.

Simon  :o

robbo770

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:48 pm »

Thanks for everyone who made the effort to come to the event, here is a link to some of the photo's taken on the day by our members

can't wait to next year!!!!

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x194/robbo770/2008%20event/

and here is the winner of the Coble compete hull and foredeck from the compietion!!!!

stevext

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:58:08 pm »

Hi

Is Duthie park the one you drive past on your way into aberdeen city centre from the airport?.
I'm back up to the granite city next wednesday but unfortunatly there's no chance of a model coming with me!.

Stevext

robbo770

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 08:35:46 pm »

hi there,
yes its the one if you go along the river Dee ring road!,

but you would be made most welcome regardless of with or without boat!

cheers Rob
ps on the website there is a google link for our location , click on hydbrid view for a good virtual look!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.