Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone purchased the New Thunder Tiger America's Cup Yacht?  (Read 4836 times)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Has anyone purchased the New Thunder Tiger America's Cup Yacht?
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:59:15 pm »

I've fallen head over heals with the Thunder Tigers America's Cup Yacht, So i just wanted to know if anyone has purchased one yet? If so then what is the build quality like, ease of build, and how does it handle?

Voyager

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Has anyone purchased the New Thunder Tiger America's Cup Yacht?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 01:13:58 am »

??? I can't believe no one has purchased one yet?

romainpek

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:00:49 am »

Do you mean the ETNZ ?

There are a lot of topics on it on http://www.rcgroups.com/sailboats-59/

They find it pretty, faster than a Seawind if the wind is strong, but easily damaged.

I don't have either of these boats.

stevo7896

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 02:59:31 pm »

Mine just arrived yesterday and upon opening the box ,I was impressed with the qualty of the kit as well as the hull, Its a beauty. I will let you know after the build.             Stevo

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:03:34 pm »

Oooooh....yes do let us know!

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »

I know this thread is almost a year old but...........

I saw the ETNZ kit at the Ellesmere Port show and was TOTALLY impressed. So much so I blew some of my pension lump sum and bought one.  {-)

The way the kit is packed is awesome enough, but when you get down to the nitty gritty it's even more so. The hull moulding is a work of art and the way the various sub-assemblies are built up is very neat. As you may tell I'm pretty impressed. I roughly put the boat together in the lounge to see how big it was and it's almost as tall as me! My wife was even impressed with it, but she reckons it's too big to display on the sideboard alongside my MiniMumm and Hobi Cat. She's right too, it would hit the celling!

I'm pretty keen to get on and build it, with the aid of the article in August '8 Model Boats, but other things will get in the way for a month or so. Meanwhile I'll just oggle that hull every few days.... :)
Regards
Kit

Tom Eccles

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »

Hi Voyager,

I have recently finished building the Thunder Tiger ETNZ for a friend of mine. It is a very impressive kit, everything makes sense and it goes together well. We are however having some small problems with the final trim although this has a lot to do with the fact that the wind has refused to blow with any strength here in sunny Southport.

Cheers
Clegg

Tom Eccles

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 07:34:59 pm »

Hi Gentlemen,
Further to the above, do not use the two part adhesive supplied with the kit, it has a slight quality problem (it dont work!)

Sailed the ETNZ today, she looked and perfomed well.

Cheers
Clegg

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:42:13 am »

Clegg,

That was in the nick of time, I was just about to start on the kit tomorrow! :)

For sure the amount they supply doesn't look anywhere near enough for a model that size, I'll go with the trusty Araldite 5 min stuff.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards
Kit

Mickymike

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:47:30 pm »

Hi

I have owned the ETNZ for about two months now and it is a terrific yacht for the money, I did do a few mods such as beefing up under the decks with some timber where the chainplates and other hooks etc are screwed into the deck
I also did not use the method of winching that they show in the manual I have one winch line which exits out behind the hatch and take the two sail line from that and I tension it with dressmakers elastic this keeps tension on the line
and stops the line coming off the drum, I also seal the hatch with Sellotape Diamond Tape which is waterproof, transparent and leaves no residue when you take it off.

Hope this helps

Mickymike

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.