Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky box  (Read 1356 times)

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
Sky box
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:10:34 am »

>>:-(  How long does your sky box last? Mine expires on average every 2 to 3 years. Now had 5 of them. Routine is, phone Sky,wait 15 minutes for someone to answer,then 15 minutes for them to take you through a series of tests before they tell you a new box is required,which from previous experience you already knew and told them so at the beginning.That will be £65 please.
                                                                                                                           Dave Gibson

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: Sky box
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:23:10 am »

Samething happened to me a year ago, told the lady that I wanted to cancel and go with Virgin rather than pay for a new box- got transfered to 'Customer retention' or something who offered me a free new box and half price Sky Movies Mix for a year which I accepted.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:32:20 pm »

My sky box expired after 9 years, called up sky, they offered an engineer visit for £65 to tell me I needed a new box (Doh!), or an insurance against breakdown (double Doh!) or an upgrade to sky+.

I asked about sky+ and was told it would cost £150 which i objected to. I asked to be put through to cancellations and told them I objected to paying that much for a sky+ box as I had been a customer for 9 yrs and new customers could get one fitted for £90.

I said I would be happy to pay the same as a new customer, but, the bloke on the other end said: I think we can do better than that, went to talk to his supervisor, came back and said they would fit one for £49. WooHoo!!

As we were sorting out a date to fit said box, he said, wait a mo, I have just had a note from my supervisor, we will supply and fit said box FREE     double woo hoo!!!

Upshot - new sky+ digibox, dish and cable fitted 6 days later at no charge.

Try it, it worked for me.

A friend also got a huge discount on sky+ by saying he would cancel his contract and take out a new one. They said it wouldnt work because his name was already on the database. So he said his wife would take out the contract, so they discounted for him!

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:42:37 pm »

I assume that all these staff work in a call centre on commission based sales. If the basic salary is low and the commision high they will sell you anything, rather than loose the sale. They also get money for just sgning somebody, even if at no cost. And retentions will get money just for keeping people, as the number of subscirbers will affect advertising revenues.

So remember that you have the power.

Go with the force Luke.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.