Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disposing of model kits  (Read 3747 times)

MTB

Disposing of model kits
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:06:46 pm »

Due to a disability I have to part with a number of the kits I have been keeping but don't know where to try to sell them.
They are mainly plastic kits of trucks and motorcycles that I bought 30 years ago. As I have not been in that "scene man" for many years where do you get rid of vintage kits?
Anyhelp would be gratefully received.
Roy

warspite

Re: Disposing of model kits
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »

If you have a digital camera or a web cam that can take stills and can be converted to the JPEG format you could post them in the sales section or alternatively ask someone about the Ebay thing - it may help, especially if they are still in their original wrapping (cellophane etc) and in good condition, try a search on ebay and see what comes up.

ambernblu

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:09:09 pm »

... warspite's exactly right suggesting eBay, but if you don't fancy doing it yourself, don't eBay have some 'associates' (or whatever they are called) who will do the selling on your behalf? (at a price of course!)

But I would certainly search eBay first for similar items to yours to see if its worthwhile going down that route....

MTB

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 03:18:38 pm »

Yep thanks lads. :) Had a look at Ebay and found a couple of them for £40 and £60 for the bikes and 1 truck at £97 but can't find them all, presumably because they are 70's era. Decided to keep my Billings Polar NR 584 which must be 20+ years old, untouched and unwrapped and still waiting to be made. I was amazed that a google search in all variations of plastic kits didn't produce much in the way of traders to flog them to? Thanks anyway.
Roy

ambernblu

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 03:34:30 pm »

... Thats got to be good news then if you can't find them all on eBay - means they are waiting for someone to put them on there for sale! Should be good business then from the sounds of it! Cheers, Brian

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 08:18:52 pm »

Try emailing these guys  Roy,

http://www.modelsforsale.com/

they also sell 2nd hand  boxed kits, so I presume they also purchase them ;)

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.