Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new Launch  (Read 13788 times)

Bernhard

Re: new Launch
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 08:34:26 am »

hi..a few more
and stil work to do

regards Bernhard

Bernhard

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 08:37:57 am »

hi...there is 12 more photos on side 1

Bernhard

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 08:51:47 am »

Famed for my Steam Proficiency, what's the "dome" fitting please"
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 09:21:07 am »

Good question Martin.  It is on the suction line to the engine driven water pump but I can't think of what it is actually doing unles it is some sort of priming device.

I'm sure Bernard will enlighten us.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

kno3

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 09:31:39 am »

I think it's an air vessel for equalising the pressure of the water being pumped into the boiler by the feed pump.

Roger in France

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 09:34:50 am »

I am no "steam buff" either. However, I am a plumber's son and it looks to me much like an expansion chamber used in plumbing runs where "water hammer" occurs. It absorbs the sudden expansion under pressure which causes the "knocking".

But to quote our great Leader, "But what do I know?"

Roger.

Bernhard

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:54 am »

Hi,,,,,,,,,,,,The wind boiler serves to compensate for pressure surges in pipelines,,,,sorry my english........

Regards Bernhard

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 12:42:05 pm »

I thought it looked like such a device however I have never seen one on the suction line before, you would normally expect to find it on the discharge line where it is designed to reduce the pulsations from a positive displacement pump discharge.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bernhard

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 12:36:05 pm »

hi........ all 3 i have of them i have  work with no problem,,,,,,,,,The windkessel is a buffer . The air bubbel under the windkessel buffering the pressure.

regards Bernhard

Bernhard

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 03:25:56 pm »

Hi.......So After the enginen have be send to a check up to Anton in France,,i have it back.after .2 1/2 month,,,run great agin,,,,here is a video of it,,  i did take that l tube in the chimny out,,so the steam look more real...
..Regards Bernhard........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jOfMlzDe18&feature=channel_page

I have ordred a Heron enginen , from Nick in usa...i will used it in this boat,,,Nick is working on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 03:42:26 pm »

Bernard I absolutely love your launches.  The level of detail is stunning and really makes them come to life.  The weathering is perfect and makes the model real without being over done and the whole thing comes together in a perfect example of a working steam launch.  The shotgun and the decoy duck just make you smile to look at them.  When I eventually get around to making my own launch, in about 10 years time, your pictures will certainly be a source of guidance and inspiration

Can we have some more pictures of this one please?

MONAHAN STEAM MODELS

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »

Hi Bernhard,

Looks great.

Good news your custom Heron engine will be finished today. I will send you so pictures if you like.

Nick

Bernhard

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 04:44:21 pm »

Hi........Thanks..........yes i will take some more photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wowww that whas fast Nick............tip top.......ohh yes photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,Regards Bernhard

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 06:19:08 pm »

Lovely engine the Heron.  When I had it at Harrogate a chap did not believe it was a slide valve engine until we took a cover off and proved it.  He was very impressed and I have been with it ever since.  Very smooth and runs very slowly.

MONAHAN STEAM MODELS

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »

Hi Bernhard & Bunkerbarge,

Bernhard,

I just emailed you the photos of your custom Heron. It would be very interesting to see what a weathered version of the Heron in one of your boats would look like. I think it would look really great.

Richard,

Thank you for your kind compliments about your Heron engine. It will treat you well when your get the opportunity to put it in a steam launch. The steam launch you already have will be a very be a very fine model once completed.

Best Regards,

Nick

Bernhard

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 09:32:29 pm »

Hey  Maaany Thannnks Nick...............just as i like it,,,,,woow.....first class
Regards Bernhard  .          .hmmm i not shure i will weathered it.........Bot maby?

logoman

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:31 pm »

Congratulations Bernhard! and superb work Nick.
A beautiful engine, love it in the red paint.

MONAHAN STEAM MODELS

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:26 pm »

Thank you guys,

The engine color turned out really nice. I am happy with it too.

It would be interesting to see one in a dark green some day but I don't have this color in the right stoved enamel paint at this time to try it.

Nick

Bernhard

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 08:13:39 am »

Hey.......a few more
regards Bernhard

logoman

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:59 am »

I really wouldn't weather it Bernhard. just oil it well, run it plenty and give it the occasional wipe with a cloth.

ROSYTH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Steam glorious Steam..
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 05:28:32 pm »

Hi Bernhard, nice work indeed.

Can you tell us all where do you get all the detailed bits and bobs that go into your launch like the fishing rod and box and all the other trinkets?
Then we can add that little extra touch tooooooooooo.

Thanks

Bernhard

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 06:39:29 pm »

HEY tHANKS,,,,,  the bilgepumps,,,i have don,,same with the olie dunk ,,,the shot gun,,is from a actionman same with bullet,,,duck from dollhouse,,,,some off the small gauge i have don,,,some from dollhouse...the captain is a shelf sitter.. pipe from doolhouse      .some tools from 1/8 cars,,,some from dollhouse,,,,the lantern,,with light in  when the the radio is open,,,dollhouse,,,,,and some to actionman,,,brass  lanterns from keyrings,,,same with the anchor,,,,,,some fishing rod i did,,one from dollhouse,,,same with the Accordian ..and ..it take long time to collect it all.......sorry i cant explain it better,,,,,,,,,
regards Bernhard

craftysod

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 06:56:32 pm »

There is only two words that can describe this boat,absolutely fantastic.
You have created a superb model boat,my hat off to you Bernhard
Mark

kno3

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 10:51:42 pm »

That's a really impressive boat Bernhard. I'd love to see a video of it on the water.

Nick, what kind of paint do you use for your engines?

MONAHAN STEAM MODELS

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 02:46:46 am »

Hi Kno3,

The paint we use on the engines, boilers and fittings is a high temperature stoved enamel from a company called Trimite out of England. Unfortunately it is only sold in larger quantities such as a gallon at a time and is custom made per order. It is b***dy expensive stuff too. We have tried every paint known to mankind and this stuff is by far the most durable we have found. All other paints failed miserably where as this stuff wouldn't no matter what you did to it. I dropped a freshly painted gloss black brass part on the cement groundin our shop by accident one day and thought for sure the paint was a goner. When I picked the part up I discovered that it was dented but the paint wasn't even scratched at all!

Regards,

Nick
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.