Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What About a Swap or Offer Section...  (Read 8795 times)

chingdevil

Re: What About a Swap or Offer Section...
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:51 pm »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

craftysod

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 10:16:25 pm »

Will swap my missus for motorbike,what section that full in  {-)

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »

Fantasy section  ok2

Bob
Officially a GOG.

nhp651

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:06 pm »

Depends what his missus looks like as to whether it's a series c rapide vincent or a clapped out old gpo bantam. {-) %% :D %)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 10:39:40 pm »

Cyclemaster?

If she sees this he's in for a bleak Christmas.

Cargo

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 10:46:25 pm »

"Members can put their swaps and wants in the sales section but all subsequent negotiations and
agreements must be done other than in the Forum." (Pm's are OK)  - which has always been the case.

And that's it.

Martin.

I think this rule is OK. I have implanted a swap & wants section and our rule goes a bit further: the responsibility of any sale or swap lies between the involved users. Thats it and it works with little  moderation.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:20 am »

senior moments mate - it was actually Young at 64 who swapped with me when I posted Omra - it wasnt - it was definitely Young at 64 or even 65  {-) {-) {-) senior moments, who would be without em {-) {-) {-)

john

bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

craftysod

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 11:10:30 am »

She's worth at least a ducati 748,as long as it can clean the flat,washing clothes,and make me tea in the morning,

ohh ok a moped will do  :}

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 01:18:05 pm »

Will swap a house for Iceland :-) Conditions: require right to set own tax system, install own Govt., indemnity from any previous liabilities;)

nhp651

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2008, 02:04:31 pm »

now if I had a Duke and wouldn't settle for anything less than a MHR I wouldn't swap it even Shilpa shaldi? :} :D %%

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 06:22:22 pm »

By the way, some of you may have noticed the Wants section a is now the Wants & Swaps section and
the guidelines amended.
   http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=117.0

Sales Board Rules

Caveat Emptor! Model boat mayhem Forum assumes no responsibility for transactions that take place via this board.

In an effort to protect everyones rights and responsibilities.....

1. All Adverts shall have a 6 month duration, after which the adverts will be deleted.

2. Users who wish to sell items on here must be a Full Mayhemer,
   ( Please contact the moderators if you need an urgent sale.  )

3. Adverts MUST have photos of the models or items for sale, not just an internet link to another site.

4. Ebay listings are not to be duplicated here without prior consent of the moderator.

5. All items must have a price.

6. If offering an item for swap, state a value of the item and what you are seeking.
    ALL negotiations must take place outside this Sales thread, (PM's are OK).
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 07:51:05 pm »

not forgetting the clause:

By participating in a transaction you acknowledge there is no liability to the Forum

If you dont like it dont participate !

garston1

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 08:42:29 pm »

Howzabout members wives, a series of photos naked photies of wives holding boats, I'll start it if you want? lol  {-)

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:43 pm »

...Hi Guys...

I am going to get on my soapbox for a minute or two, So stand by...

I suggested this swap section as a further addition to an almost perfectly run Model Boat Forum...

The one thing that bugs me & makes it an "almost" perfectly run M. B. F. is the way a Posting or Topic is hijacked by the members who constantly interrupt a serious subject & start spouting nonsense that has nothing to do with the original posting...For Instance...
If you are not happy with your Wife then put her on a Wife Swapping Forum..Its Common Sense...

As I,ve said before on the Forum...Keep the Postings on course & If you have Nonsense to spout then spout it on the Nonsense Spouting Forum...

The Swap Section, As i have said earlier is just a way to get rid of boat related items that you no longer need & maybe get the bits that you do need in exchange...Its not for making profit for any individual...I have Today negotiated a swap with another member in a very professional way & we are both very happy with our swap items...Now its up to The Royal Mail to complete the task...

Right get me down from this box before i get dizzy...

Thanks Martin & The Moderators for considering this idea...Now lets hope it all goes smoothly...

...Best Regards & Thanks...Norry...

...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

garston1

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 07:58:29 pm »

I still think my idea's a good'n  :-))

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 10:22:53 am »

Likewise I think the idea is first class. From what I have seen, Mayhemer's are an honest bunch, and the likelihood of something 'going wrong' is remote. However, there could easily be one hard and fast rule: If either party is not happy, the exchange is cancelled without question and the items sent back.

If I might have 1:96 3 rail stanchions to swap for 1:96 general deck fittings for WW2 GB destroyers, does it mean I have to p.graph each one of them? In the same light, does the vendor have to p.graph each an every deck fitting? Both parties would know exactly what the items would look like once the mfr. was known, so there is no need really for p.graphs in the first place as both and everybody knows what the things look like. Quality is the only real issue, but this is between the two parties and comes down to new and used. If a Mayhemer said an item was new and Deans or Haynes mfd. I would know exactly what to expect, if used, well "you does your swap you takes your chance".

At the end of the day the Rule mentioned in my first para. would carry everything. No exceptions, no further griping, just all returned and that's that. I do think it's a good idea, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

Regards, Bernard

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

...Hi Guys...

I would like to thank Tugboyben for answering my request for a Hectoperm Motor for my new Tug-Towing Tug...

The Swap-Deal has now been completed & both parties are very happy with their new boat bits...

Thanks Very Much, Jason & All The Best Mate...I hope to meet you some day at a Model Regatta or Show somewhere around the place...

...Best Regards Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.