Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Postal Scam - please be aware  (Read 2216 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Postal Scam - please be aware
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:00:23 pm »

Can you circulate this around especially as  Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize . 
If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.
Please advise family members/Friends.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: Postal Scam - please be aware
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:42:02 pm »

There was something very similar over here last year but this time they targeted businesses as well .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

furball

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:14:20 pm »

This is old information from 2005.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/telephone/pds.asp

Please don't forward things these without checking first (not a gripe but it saves people getting worried over nothing  :-)) )

Cheers

Lance

Lance

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:02 pm »

Lance
Am I getting worried over nothing?
I would sooner be advised than be robbed.
I haven't heard of this scam before, but can look out for it now.
Alan

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:24:17 pm »

I agree , It is better to be informed than not , I have recently had an email trying the old £ deposit trick but with a completely different method than I have seen before , they are fun to read and then delete..

However rather than opening a new thread each time just add it on to one thread.. The Scam Thread or something.

We have just had a warning about not so much a scam but a local magazine saying that all cans and bottles MUST be crushed before putting them into our nice new 3 story tall Blue Bins , however this is only a suggestion to make more room in your bin not a requisite as suggested in the article..  Wonder how many people will go and buy them because they did not see any warning ??.

elvis

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 07:10:32 pm »

HI ALL.
THIS IS GOING ON IN OUR AREA OF CUMBRIA NOW, SO IT A ONGOING PROBLEM. >>:-(

PT Sideshow

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:56:53 pm »

There have been numerous variations of this one package delivery, The card is mailed which in it self is silly, and I would think a dead give away. The numb skull driver was at your door right trying to deliver a package but waits to get back to the shed to send you a card  %% Flower delivery or what ever is selling on the tube. They just keep bringing them back. So reminders for us old farts that have senior moments is always helpful! :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.