Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: King Of Shaves.  (Read 22390 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: King Of Shaves.
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2009, 11:42:16 am »

Getting back to the topic of rtr by far the best according to popularity in the states seems to be whhobbies line of packages,these are sports boats although they do now have a racer that hits 60 mph out of the box pitty the shipping costs would kill the deal for those in the UK.I myself would like to offer some rtr sports boats in the future using quallity hardware and zenoah ,rcmk motors and for those on a budget a good quallity air cooled motor which i will port a little, nothing drastic though for a gain in performance.The motor has proved reliable for me in the past with over a years running,should match a stock zenoah with tuned pipe.Im building one right now for someone and hope to have it tested very soon  so i hope to have any bugs sorted out before i send it out to its new owner.If its a racer you want we all know about Daves boats etc but for RTR sports boats there arent many good quallity RTR ones available especially in the UK.Most use poor hardware or poor motors or both and then charge 500 quid and more which i find annoying because they just disapoint the newcomers into the sport.Not sure the king of shaves is worth the £700 price tag either although the hull does look very scale like and i personally like it but im not sure about the package as a whole for the money.Seems theres a big market for a good quallity RTR package if you use quallity running gear .
Mart

BJ

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 11:48:31 am »

Why not just "inject" the exhaust cooling water into the tuned pipe and expell it via the exhaust gases?
It will quieten a noisy gas (petrol) pipe but there may be a small power loss.
Over to you, Mart & Ian

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2009, 12:15:15 pm »

Quite a few guys do that but usually they have the water entering the add on muffler,seems to work ok but i personally havent tried it.Wet pipes as you suggest i believe dont produce as much power but im sure Ian will correct me if im wrong  ok2 but for a non race boat might be an idea,personally i hate the idea of having water entering the pipe id be worried each time i picked the boat up water would run back i into the motor if i forgot to tip it the right way.
Mart

andyn

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 02:30:06 pm »

I THINK (correct me if I'm wrong) that MHZ do a wet pipe.

A friend of mine has a Sea Queen that has a wet pipe, works well apparently but he hasn't run it in a while.

I don't think it'll do much good to a race boat.

ducati dave

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 02:18:55 pm »

Hi All

Ive just got hold of a king of shaves boat on ebay, its only been run for 5 mins and the owner said it was to quick for them LOL  490.00 good deal a :-)

Very smart boat nice paintwork but the first thing to go was the Sikk motor i have replaced it with a Zen that i brought fron prestwich some while ago

Also the radio was crap so that gone and ive fitted my 40 meg futaba

Its nice to have a cat that looks like the real thing as i also own 2 racing cat ill keep those for racing !

I have read that some people are slagging off the rudder hardware saying the top end is plastic !!  its not its alloy and powder coated black

Any way well pleased and cant wait for a good day to take it down to hove to run it

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 02:23:43 pm »

Hi
Just one thing. 40MHz & a sparky engine!!! Do your self a favour get a 2.4GHz set. YOU WILL GET interference probs
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2009, 03:31:40 pm »

You wont have any problems with FM radios just be sure to run a  resistor plug and you will be fine.Also ditch the champion plug that comes with the zenoah its junk and will break and the bits go inside the jug and you will ruin a good motor,swap it for an NGK CMR7H resistor plug.The 2.4 ghz is great so long as its futaba fasst,forget spektrum unless you use the new marine rx version .Fm is cheap though and works fine ive never had any isues with it on petrol boats but 27 meg AM is a big no no though.
Mart

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2009, 04:31:55 pm »

We look forward to your photos Ducati Dave  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.