Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountfleet Sealight  (Read 4407 times)

samuel15g

Mountfleet Sealight
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:17:51 pm »

Hello all

I'm considering building a Clyde puffer.

I see that mountfleet have two in their kit range and Jotika have one ( but this is a bit small for my liking)
There appears to be lots of build info on the Highlander and it looks to be a nice looking boat.
That said, and just for something a bit different I'm pondering on the Sealight - has anyone had a go at this kit and are there any draw backs compared with the Highlander. 

Kind regards
Terry H

mick

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mountfleet Sealight
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:00:08 pm »

Hello Terry H, don't know about the Sealight...I have built the Highlander....very easy and rewarding. Mick

samuel15g

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:31:44 pm »

Hi Mick
Nice model!
The puffers just ooze nostalgia - The more I see them, the more I like the Highlander and as you say it's nice and easy (just how I like my life)
Problem is, that damned Sealight keeps pulling me in it's direction.
Kind regards
Terry H

Ron1

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:24:54 pm »

Moonlight is nice if you can scratch build. O0 O0

chingdevil

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »

Hi Terry
I am actually building the Mountfleet Sealight, I brought another plan for the detailing of it as it was drawn from original plans. I do not know about Highlander but the hull I got for my Sealight was not quite to their plan and I have had to build up the edge of the hull to get it to the correct height. If I get a chance over the next couple of days I can post some pictures of how she is going, the kit is the older of the puffers Mountfleet sell.
I brought it because I saw Martins build of Highlander, but I liked the look of Sealight.

Brian

samuel15g

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:24:50 pm »

Hi Brian

Its Martins build that finally attracted to me to this kit range.

I've been lucky enough to find an old Model Boats magazine which shows the build up of the Sealight hull and rear cabin, sadly the review of the  deck fittings and detailing come in the follow up magazine which I don't have.

With both Highlander and Sealight, the scope for larking about with some extra detail and weathering techniques is there in plenty,
problem now is my Missus likes the "Danny Boy" too !!! _oh hum!!!
Kind regards
Terry H

chingdevil

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 12:36:08 pm »

Hi Terry

If you are talking about the Model Boats build of Sealight, PM me your snail mail address and I will send you a copy, as I have both magazine articles. If your missus likes Danny Boy, looks like you could end uo with your own fleet :-)) :-)) :-))

Brian

samuel15g

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:28:54 pm »

Just got to add a "public" Thankyou to Brian (aka chingdevil) who kindly sent me two write ups of the Sealight build.
Now its decision time!

Kind regards
Terry H
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.