Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Novgorod....what an amazing vessel.  (Read 45184 times)

das boot

Re: The Novgorod....what an amazing vessel.
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2009, 09:53:42 am »

Eagle eyed as always Barry...I wouldn't mind betting Ian is reaching for the tablets already!   :}

Rich

snowwolflair

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2009, 12:50:00 pm »

To make a fibreglass hull you do not need a mould.  Just find a big enough Tupperware bowl  :-))

das boot

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2009, 01:13:51 pm »

To make a fibreglass hull you do not need a mould.  Just find a big enough Tupperware bowl  :-))

We don't need Tupperware bowls, do we Barry? We got ourselves a tame Ian!!!  ;)

Rich

ian kennedy

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2009, 05:55:52 pm »

I don't know about the tame bit !!!

I'm hitting the stress busters as we speak.....

As for Novgorod, well it may take a while my friend's, as i am in the process of moving house at the mo and don't expect to get much model work done for a while....patience is needed from you...
and a new workshop needs to be built at the new home, something bigger...much bigger and better organised aswell !!!

ps Happy New Year to you all i ain't had much time for t'internetting recently

Ian

barryfoote

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2009, 09:16:26 pm »

Ian,

Do not worry our friend. "patience is next to godlyness" or something like that!!!!!

Rich and I are the most patient people I know........We will not give you any grief for at least a couple of weeks :police: :police: :police:

ian kennedy

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2009, 09:46:11 pm »

ohh thats very kind of you footski

I think it will take me a tad longer than a few weeks to build the workshop of my dreams......

Ian

das boot

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2009, 11:52:16 am »

A couple of weeks? THAT long....?     %)

Rich

(ps..happy moving Ian!)

amdaylight

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2009, 11:54:32 am »

Heck I wish I could build my dream workshop in a coulple of weeks, months, years . . . .  O0 O0

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon

amdaylight

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2009, 01:05:27 am »

Ian,

It has been two weeks now, is it done?  ;D  {-)  When will you have the Liviadia done? . . .  {-) Or do we have to get medieval on you  <*< <*< ?

Andre (tongue in cheek)

barryfoote

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2009, 08:17:35 am »

Ian,

Now you can't blame me or Rich this time.....Nothing to do with us amigo, but.....now it has been mentioned.... %% %%

das boot

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2009, 08:52:44 am »

Hey Barry...you seen the current issue of Model Boats magazine? There's this strange round thing on the cover...

Rich

ian kennedy

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2009, 01:51:27 pm »

Hi all,

I am still waiting to move to new residence, some set backs recently......hopefully it will be all done and dusted and moved by this thursday-friday (fingers crossed) %)

I then have to build the new workshop...the garage is built in so no smelly stuff can be done in there or my butt will be toast!!

And I have seen the cover {-)......damn and blast, i thought you would forget about it !

cheers for now

Ian

das boot

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2009, 01:58:34 pm »

And I have seen the cover {-)......damn and blast, i thought you would forget about it !

cheers for now

Ian

What? Barry and me forget about it? Oh no no no no....we are on the case Ian!!  :-))

Rich

barryfoote

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »

On the case....without seeing the cover of this months MB...

Barry

amdaylight

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2009, 10:13:09 pm »

What? Barry and me forget about it? Oh no no no no....we are on the case Ian!!  :-))

Rich

Rich,

What about me I keep looking  :o at the Livadia . . . . I bought the card model kit so I can scale it up to a larger model  {:-{  O0 . . . .

By the way how good of a magazine is Model Boats? If I have to I will subscribe as none of the hobby shops around here carry it.

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon, also on the case  O0

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2009, 10:29:13 pm »

I don't suppose the Editor will mind me posting the cover if it might result in an extra sale or two!

barryfoote

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2009, 08:49:31 am »

Rich

Rich,

What about me I keep looking  :o at the Livadia . . . . I bought the card model kit so I can scale it up to a larger model  {:-{  O0 . . . .

By the way how good of a magazine is Model Boats? If I have to I will subscribe as none of the hobby shops around here carry it.

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon, also on the case  O0

Andre,

Model Boats is a very good magazine with lots of adverts for everything Model Boat. The problem for me is the postage. It is exorbitant from UK to Spain, so I think it will be higher to the US.

Barry

Colin,

Whetted my appetite their you have!!!

das boot

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2009, 09:15:31 am »

Got to be done Barry...there's nowt better at this time of the day than a wetted appetite!!  %)

Rich

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2009, 09:57:02 am »

Model Boats is a very good magazine with lots of adverts for everything Model Boat. The problem for me is the postage.

I wish I could subscribe online, like I do for other publications.
I know there would be a set up cost, but there is no paper or ink to buy, or have cash tied up in stock of, and you can hit a global audience.

I only pay $100 per year for The Economist.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 10:15:48 am »

I don't want to raise expectations. Inside there are just a couple of pictures as part of the write up of the MPBA National Finals.

Subscription rates to the USA/Canada are here: http://www.ewa1.com/mags.html

General info here: http://www.modelboats.co.uk/

Colin

Roger in France

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:32 am »

There is another downside to non-UK subscriptions to "Model Boats". Although we "foreigners" pay significantly higher postage rates we receive our copies much, much later than everyone else such that dated adverts; some events; personal sales; etc. are past before we are able to take advantage of them. Nor are we eligible for special offers or joining bonuses.

An electronic copy, on subscription, would be far more acceptable.

Roger in France.

amdaylight

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:39 am »

Thanks Collin,

I saw the subscription rate for the US was $54.00 US a year (only $4.15 a copy here), not all that expensive but when you subscribe to several magazines already you have to pick and choose. So based on everyone's recommendations I will be placing an order for my subscription next week when I get paid.

Footski,
When I checked ( http://www.modelboats.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=3 ) that prices that they were charging for Europe it was marked at 46 pounds, 2 pounds cheaper than they charge in England and they said that it would be mailed by Airmail. They list the US price at $54.00 American so I suspect that they have one of the American model magazines do their printing and mailing for the US and Canada so it is not as expensive as if I got it mailed from England.

Andre

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:12 am »

Would it be cheaper to get a friend or relative in the UK to take out a subscription on your behalf (or even buy it in the local newsagent) and then just post it to you?

Just a thought - at least you would get it sooner.

I have fairly regular contact with the Editor and I'm not aware of any immediate plans to put the magazine online. If I get the chance I will ask about it.

Colin

Roger in France

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2009, 11:11:34 am »

Colin,

You are quite right but as I already prevail on my family in the UK for a number of things I do not want to add to the list.

You would be amazed how many international companies will not post abroad. I guess they have no system and seeno great profit in starting one. Even if the same item is sold in France and the UK I cannot get parts from either country....just because they have different serial numbers in each country. I think it is because, although the voltage is the same, the machines are supplied with different, moulded on plugs for the relevant country. The companies, therefore, will not supply parts for the inside of the equipment, despite there being absolutely no other difference.

The daftest one was when I wanted to buy an England Rugby Union scarf for the last World Cup, "Oh no we don't post abroad". I was going to an Eng v. France match in Paris!

Roger in France

barryfoote

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:02 pm »

Footski,
When I checked ( http://www.modelboats.co.uk/editorial/page.asp?p=3 ) that prices that they were charging for Europe it was marked at 46 pounds, 2 pounds cheaper than they charge in England and they said that it would be mailed by Airmail. They list the US price at $54.00 American so I suspect that they have one of the American model magazines do their printing and mailing for the US and Canada so it is not as expensive as if I got it mailed from England.

Andy,

You are quite right but it must be a misprint as in the Uk subscription is only 38.10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.