Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless Motors and low speed running !  (Read 2107 times)

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
Brushless Motors and low speed running !
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »

I have read a lot about the performance of brushless motors and the high power to weight output compared to brushed motors.
 More power less weight is great,and I'm happy with that for the top speed but how do they perform at low speed.
 At present I can get the brushed motor in my Arun lifeboat to do as little as 50 RPM which is great when doing low speed manovering especially on indoor pools like they have at the Blackpool show and the International model boat show at Warwick.

If I where to change the motors to brushless would I still be able to do the low speed manovering.

Any advice or help on this would be most useful. :-)) :-))

Regards

John

debssnal

Re: Brushless Motors and low speed running !
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:33:17 pm »

Hi John,
           Yes you can run them at low speed. With a boat like the Arun you are running large props so you do not need fast motors.A brushless motor of no more than 600kv will give you that control.If are going to Warwick i will bring my fishing boat and let you have a play on the pool with it.So you can see for yourself.
kind regards
Alan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:10:45 pm »

What's the throttle responce at low revs?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

debssnal

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 06:34:12 pm »

Hi Martin,
            I find its very good the same as a brushed motor. On all the boats i have put them in i have had good responce at low revs.I must say that i do not fit high rpm brussless motors as my boats are working boats and not speed,but saying that i do have some that go very fast.
kind regards
Alan           
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.