Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumas Dauntless  (Read 6716 times)

Dauntless_Driver

Dumas Dauntless
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:05:41 pm »

hey ya'll
i have a Dumas Dauntles that i got half finished. i have done the measuring and cutting out of the hatches , doors, and port side windows. i am making a full working cabin,and a gangway to the back of it. the hatches and doors along with windows are all goin to be thin plexi glass with small diameter solder for the trim. i will be installing working lights, and dual aquacraft .18 engines.(3cc) all hatches and doors will be working. . i have yet to resin the hull. so far this is what it looks like. the before pics of her when i got it and the after i got it...

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]

Dauntless_Driver

Re: Dumas Dauntless
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:06:47 pm »

here are after i got the boat.

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:24:36 pm »

Great project,

I have always like the Dauntless, its sooo big.. nice traditional lines &  loads of room for superdetailing too .

keep us posted !

Steve ;D

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 07:31:06 pm »

found one picture of the original dauntless. real bad shape. also emailed the people that salvaged this poor ship...hopefully i'll get some pics of the forward cabin. by the looks of this picture , i would say that the back cabin is a workin one too. but it wont be seen . so i just put the walkway in it. pics to come of walkway soon.

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 07:55:51 pm »

here is the walkway still needs to be finsihed but ya get the picture :D

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 10:01:32 pm »

here is the start to the forward cabin. still need photos of the inside of the cabin so i may start making the furnishings.

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 06:48:12 am »

That fullsize Dauntless needs some TLC  ;)

Your Dumas model is coming along great

Steve

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 07:48:43 pm »

thanks steve
now i am waiting on floor plans for this boat so i may do the furnishings in the main cabin

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:32:39 am »

well i emailed S&S and they sent me some pics of the dauntless interior 8) now i am ready to start the furnishings. you may veiw the photos at my forum under scale models 8)

http://s3.phpbbforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=rcboating

i also have some fixing up to do on the bridge windows. and add some more vents to the mix. dumas did a poor job at recreating this model. this is supposed to be a scale model of the dauntless. they did not look at the pic to hard as there is many vents that go in and vents that are not even there....they put vents in where they should not go...

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 06:06:06 am »

Great research material DD. ;)

The black n white photo is fabulous, really evocative, a classic.

Keep up the good work matey

Steve ;D

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 06:49:45 am »

well after long a deliberation period, i have decided as i am not goin electric, but 2 dual engines , that i am not goin to build the interior of the dauntless.so i am putting in a shallow floor. without furnishings. the floor however will be carpeted and the door goin to the cabin will still be a working door. as will the stairs be in it..

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 04:33:13 am »

here is what i have done since last report.still waiting on running hardware to show up. also for the air intake i will be boxing a tube goin to the carburators on both sides of the boat. the exhaust is goin to be done the same way but out the sides at the back...

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 03:52:16 pm »

finally got my nav lights. still waiting on running hardware. and i still need a bunch of lights. 8)

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 01:10:28 pm »

after a nother deliberation period i will be goin with doors and hatches but not made of plexi glass. they will be wood, but working . i will make a window for the doors . the hatches will be working as well and will have little bubble windows in it... :) now i am goin to order 3 more sets of nav lights to finish off the lighting. end of the month i am ordering my dual aquacraft .18 marine engines. my running hardware has still not arrived, i called towers and told them and they sent me out a replacement set on friday the 22 of sept. they are in mount hope now , so hopefully i will be getting them later today or tommorow... 8) will post pics of hardware setup when it gets here...

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 01:54:40 pm »

got some of my replacement parts yesterday. what didnt come in the package is my s/s shafts and stuffing boxes. i again phoned tower and told them , they phoned dumas and now i am waiting on dumas to send me out those items. today. actually like 5 min ago i get a knock on the door, its the first order of running hardware and they wanted money... [:@] needless to say i told the lady to send it back to tower. i paid enough for the items and customs wants  money? only 17.00 but still at 102.78 on my card that should have been accounted for.[8|] so now i play the waiting game.....again[&:]

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:17 am »

well, today i finally get my 1 engine so far. gotta order another one still. instead of aquacraft i went with the O.S max-18cv-rm. still waiting on shafts and stuffing boxes.also gotta figure out if i can get a dual engine mount bought or made to house both on one plate.

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 07:04:35 pm »

well my shafts and stuffing boxes have arrived today. work now resumes , also ordered my other engine lastnight. hopefully by tuesday it shall be in. 8)

Dauntless_Driver

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 05:41:44 am »

finally i have both my engines :D  i need to get 1 more flywheel,and 2 universal joints. all running hardware is installed and working great. ordered 2 servos today. still need a battery for the reciever. still tons of work to do on it. all in due time. so far the tally is pretty close to 1000.00 spent on this boat. :shock: .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.