Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: lindberg blue devil destroyer  (Read 22128 times)

number-1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lindberg 'Blue Devil' Fletcher Class destroyer
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 10:34:56 pm »

If you want a Flecher class destroyer,Revell are releasing one in 1/144 scale nearly 800mm in lenght. not designed for RC but I would think its possible to convert?

Weeds

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 10:38:41 pm »

I was thinking of getting one of these - anyone built one?

So did you decide on getting a Fletcher?

amdaylight

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 10:56:29 pm »

Greetings,

It is a good first build that you can learn from and modify as the time goes by. Yes it has some accuracy problems but then the molds for this kit are probably older than most of the people on this board. The way it comes from the factory is that it is steered by cogs and levers, these are the first thing that should go in the trash to be replaced with a good 2 or 3 channel radio. What is really nice about this kit is that you can get it in the water fairly quickly and have fun running it while you build your second model with all the bells and whistles. If it banged up a bit as you learn how to run a ship you will not mind as much as this is all about learning and having a whole lot of fun. So Go For it and then go for something more difficult.

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon :-)) :-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 08:05:42 am »

It's been around for a long time now, has any got an unbuilt kit they can show us the quality of the mouldings?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 11:29:26 am »

I built one 12 years ago & was pleasantly surprised considering the age of the kit - the only thing I scrapped besides the running gear was that butt ugly mattress radar with was replaced with brass mesh. 

If I was in the market for one today, I'd spend my money on the new Revell kit which will be much more detailed at around the same price. 

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ivorthediver

Re: lindberg blue devil destroyer
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »

I fully endorse those comments Ref Dave at ACTION Electronics......he has guided me back into R/C modeling and been a Guru in electronics.... of which I have scant knowledge.
All my gear comes from him as I trust him  , and his advice has been pr oven sound on every occasion,  but sadly he has no Steam Turbine sound generators either

PkBoo

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 01:36:21 pm »

Hi, I´m new to MBM however not new to boatbuilding. Here´s mine http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688352. No it´s still not finished, the superstructure needs to be finished still and it had some issues with the smokestack and sealing of the ship. I´m also waiting to paint it, haven´t got an airbrush yet which would be ideal to do the camouflage with. Boo

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 04:58:44 pm »

Excellent read PkBoo! how good is the 'resistor' smoke unit?

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:51 pm »

I decided to wait for the Revell Fletchet kit,

PkBoo

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:33 pm »

Excellent read PkBoo! how good is the 'resistor' smoke unit?
Hi Martin, it works quite well although not extensively! On a windy day you won't see the white smoke {:-{ As I indicated I had some issues with it, the cigar tube it lays in had become so hot it melted the smokestack it was in <:( It has since then been repaired however I have to still figure out how to let the repair bulge "disappear" Thanks :-)) Boo

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:17 pm »

Keep us updated PkBoo, very intersting.
What other kits have you built / converted?

PkBoo

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:11 am »

Martin, at the moment I have four sailing boats/ships, one Lindberg 1/32 PT109 is finished as PT357, one Lindberg 1/32 PT109 converted to a speed devil ("No-balls") is being blogged shortly on RCG, an almost finished Italeri 1/35 PT596 and an almost finished Fletcher. In boxes still, one Snowberry, one type VII sub and another Lindberg Fletcher. I was going to finish the sub by the end of this year when I got distracted by speed %%. The built of the sub is being blogged at RCG, I´m not sure yet what I´m going to post at MBM, I´m still kinda lurking here to see what I can contribute besides being invited by Duncan (Arrow5). Boo

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 08:02:30 am »

Welcome to MBM Boo!  You've probably already found it to be an interesting lot here with gobs of experience & variety thrown in. 

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

PkBoo

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 09:53:37 am »

Welcome to MBM Boo!  You've probably already found it to be an interesting lot here with gobs of experience & variety thrown in. 

Chuck
Chuck, I wouldn´t know what to say to your warm welcome.... I guess thanx ......with a question mark!? Like RCG lot´s of good people here ok2 Eugène
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.