Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All scales quick tip, confined space ventilating duct work, or radiator hose or  (Read 2425 times)

PT Sideshow

Quick tip, for the expanding  plastic air ducting, or radiator spring filled hose working or for static display.

You can use any length or dia spring or you can wind your own. You also can adjust the spacing between the turns to achieve the effect you want. Since the spring will not being used as a spring you don't have to worry about changing the properties.

If you have a spring that will fit over a piece of tubing used cooling, you can cover it and shrink tube it in any color you can get the proper sized shrink tubing in.
Or if you put the spring and tubing over a section of solid wire, and leave the wire short so it doesn't show at the open end. You can shape the ventilating duct to come out of tanks,hatches, holds passageway hatches. Hang it in the overhead, with the wire in it it makes it easier to stage the scene you want so it will hold the pose with out adhesive.
The next two pictures are prop parts that I made for somebody, but show what you can do with some thought and a parts box filled with bits and bobs.

Some wire,plastic beads, a pen spring, shrink tubing, gas welding rod and copper tube. You have a charging resistor for your ray gun! :} In case any one is interested  {-)

PT Sideshow

Here is another item for work boat, salver, or coast guard, naval boat or tug. A hard line suction hose with a spray bottle strainer as a foot valve. The connector for the other end can be made from some slip fit brass tubing and brass wire or rod for the spin ears.

sorry I can't seem to find one from the fire truck days :-)

They sell up to 1/ 1/2" dia open will close down to about 1/2 the size or 3/4" or near 18/19 mm
you can wind your on spring for the inside or find one of the size at your local hard ware store or parts box/junk/ I can use that box! :}
If the paint doesn't want to stick to the plastic of the strainer coat it with a acrylic white glue and then paint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.