Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's it gonna be?  (Read 1893 times)

das boot

Who's it gonna be?
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:41:27 am »

Who's your money on for the F1 World Champion today then?

My 10p is on Massa, not because of his driving capabilities, but because I think that the Ferrari's will be all over Lewis Hamilton like a nasty rash.  >>:-( <*< <*< <*<
I hope I'm proved wrong, I would dearly love to see Lewis stuff the prancing horses, but I don't think he'll be allowed to get through.

Fingers crossed for Lewis and all at Mc's... :-)) :-))

Rich

ronkh

Re: Who's it gonna be?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:35:55 pm »

Don't forget our Spanish friend. Something could still happen there.

As long as Lewis comes in 4th (or is it 5th)? or better, then he is champ. Personally, it's a case of being on tenderhooks at home. I want to watch - as does my petrolhead son who is, like my wife, the same (tenderhooks) - but at the same time I don't want to watch.
Wait for the booing etc., for Lewis but apart from that, I hope it's a clean race. (Fernando).

PS. This is the first time that Ronnie D has said to us that he is not so much worried about winning the manufacturers title, but that he wants the drivers title for Lewis.
Says something about the boy.

Ron.

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »

If Lewis keeps his head, steers clear of trouble and does not worry too much about trying to win the race, then he should be okay and we will be celebrating a very well deserved Champion...

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:15 pm »

I hope you are all correct, but I have a nasty sneeky suspicious premonition that some slimey towrag will take him out on the first bend...........there are some very jealous and begrudging drivers out there today that don't want this brilliant upstart to spoil their apple cart..............It makes them look like overpaid bozzoes if he does.
COME ON LEWIS...YOU CAN DO IT. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

craftysod

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:39:07 pm »

Fingers/toes and anything else that can be crossed to hope Lewis gets the title,and dont forget its the people like Ron above who puts hard work in to get him there.
Mark

Wiggy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:14 pm »

Hi Gents,
Well, Massa and Trulli on front row, Raikonnen alongside Hamilton on second row and Kovalinen alongside Alonso on third row. Could be interesting if.....( scenario) Trulli gets the jump on Massa and forces him over allowing Hamilton to get past them both, Trulli stays in front of Raikonnen and Kovalinen baulks Alonso to keep him back from charging after Hamilton! :-))  ;). That keeps Alonso from coming into play, Raikonnen from playing shot gun to Massa and lets Hamilton and Massa have a real race O0.
Well we can all dream as i'm certain that the stewards would find something wrong with those tactics  %).
Here's to Lewis winning the championship and hopefully the race.

Cheers,

Paul.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:57 pm »

Don't forget our Spanish friend. Something could still happen there.

As long as Lewis comes in 4th (or is it 5th)? or better, then he is champ. Personally, it's a case of being on tenderhooks at home. I want to watch - as does my petrolhead son who is, like my wife, the same (tenderhooks) - but at the same time I don't want to watch.
Wait for the booing etc., for Lewis but apart from that, I hope it's a clean race. (Fernando).

PS. This is the first time that Ronnie D has said to us that he is not so much worried about winning the manufacturers title, but that he wants the drivers title for Lewis.
Says something about the boy.

Ron.
Just another odd thought...you say "tenderhooks", I have always thought it was "tenterhooks". I guess there must be a difference. Any thoughts?
Notes from a simple seaman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.