Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS LEWIS  (Read 7954 times)

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
CONGRATULATIONS LEWIS
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:48:31 pm »

Well we have a World Champion.
Alan

Proteus

Re: CONGRATULATIONS LEWIS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:57:27 pm »

The best thing I have seen all year was when the red team stopped celebrating as they had NOT won %%   ;D

Proteus

wideawake

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:03:08 pm »

The best thing I have seen all year was when the red team stopped celebrating as they had NOT won %%   ;D

Proteus

Yeee  hah!   Congratulations also to Timmo Glock for backing the right man   :-)

Guy

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:03:48 pm »

FANTASTICO  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))!!!!!!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:09:20 pm »

OH YESSSSSSSS.
Thought he had blown it but he didnt in the end,

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Cargo

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 07:10:55 pm »

Timo better not comes back to germany...  <*<

ok2

Well done Lewis and McLaren  :-))

das boot

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 07:15:02 pm »

Congratulations to Lewis and to all the Mc Team, it seemed to be lost there for a second or two, but now you can all celebrate....a British F1 Champion at last!!!!   :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Commiserations to the Ferrari team as well, Massa did everything right and still lost out.

Rich

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:17:49 pm »

Massa is still a great driver, its just that his team feel the need to employ litigation to get lenient penalties for themselves and create unnecessary and very dubious penalties for others.  He deserved his win today, Lewis more than deserves his championship.
The look on the red pit teams faces when Lewis crossed the line in 5th.....priceless!!
Hollywood scriptwriters will reject this as far too implausible.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:19:28 pm »

%% %% %%

barryfoote

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:19:35 pm »

JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE

Well done Lewis and the McLaren team. Commiserations to Phillipe Massa.....

What a finish to a season!!!! %% %% %% %% %% %%

ronkh

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 07:40:52 pm »

What a relief!
Brilliant and what a feeling there is going to be at work tomorrow - if all the workforce turn up minus hangovers I would be more then a little surprised.
I have got a headache now through tension, the better half has and I am sure my petrol-head son did a woopsey he was so excited,  but well worth it.
The boys dream came true

The first of many :-))

Thanks all for your kind words and support for my team from a very happy person.

Ron.

garston1

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 07:43:43 pm »

LEWIS HAMILTON YOU ARE A GOD ! AGAINST ALL THE ODDS (AND THERE WERE LOTS), YOU'RE A WINNER :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 07:48:37 pm »

A true champ! What a nerve jangling finish!  {-)

%%

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 08:11:54 pm »

One of the most exciting F1 races I can remember and I'm so glad I actually watched it all the way through.  I can't remember ever the championship being decided within the last two corners.  Really exciting stuff and a great race.  At the end of the day I think the most deserving man won the race and the most deserving man won the championship.

What a great shame the fans had to boo the result but didn't it make it all the more enjoyable?!!

Congratulations to the youngest world champion ever, to a brilliant team and to having another name to add to the great British drivers list of world champions.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 08:17:59 pm »

The Boy from Stevenage came good.
Bill D203 "Stevenage"
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 09:25:22 pm »

Well that's the most exiting thing I've seen on TV for years!
 You couldn't write an end like that, no one would believe you!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 10:16:09 pm »

I can't believe that the British have finally won something  {-) {-) It was certainly a fairytale finish, and one that no script writer would have dared to produce, for fear of being ridiculed.

Congratulations Lewis and McLaren, it was thoroughly deserved.  :-))

Peter

MCR

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 10:21:20 pm »

Result more bent than a back street prize fight!
With seconds to go Timmo Glock pulls over to allow the champ to move through while the real champ wins the race.
Massa wins more races
Lewis is a consistent driver who never drives the fasterst lap time in a race says it all.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 10:29:46 pm »

Peter Fitness stated that he can't believe the British have finally won something, well I think we won more medals at the 2008 olympics than Australia. {-) {-) {-) {-)
Alan

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:15 pm »

Result more bent than a back street prize fight!
With seconds to go Timmo Glock pulls over to allow the champ to move through while the real champ wins the race.
Massa wins more races
Lewis is a consistent driver who never drives the fasterst lap time in a race says it all.

If you listened to the comentary afterwards it was obvious that Glock, being on the wrong tires and unable to handle the car was completely unable to do anything about it.  The McLaren team actually told Hamilton on his radio that he would pass Glock in the last lap and Glock's lap time of over 14 seconds off the pace demonstrated that his tires were a problem at that point.  If you watch the replay at the point when Hamilton passes Glock you will see his back end twitching around as he tries in vain to keep it in line.  He certainly didn't pull over.

As for winning more races Massa had a very poor early season and mechanical problems cost him a lot of points.  At the end of the day the McLaren team produced a more reliable car and Massa just couldn't pull back the points deficiency.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 10:56:19 pm »

I don't normally watch motor racing or follow it despite my love of motor cars, couldnt tell one race car from another.... but I watched the last five laps of this! What a 'nailbiter', you couldn't write a film script like that without it being cheesy  and I thought it was fantastic so ...WELL DONE THAT MAN!  A massive effort and truly well deserved win which will go down in history.

Damien

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 02:37:23 am »

Peter Fitness stated that he can't believe the British have finally won something, well I think we won more medals at the 2008 olympics than Australia. {-) {-) {-) {-)
Alan

Alan with the large difference in populations tween UK & Aust i'd be really surprised if the UK didn't win more, just for interest i'd like to see a medal count per capita of population, or perhaps medals per/ $ spent by Governments. Aust spends way too much on supposedly Amature athletes

Well done Lewis & McLaren pity it wasn't a Renault though.

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 06:58:25 am »

We actually won rather a lot of gold medals riding bicycles this weekend as well.

Colin
Colin

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 08:20:59 am »

Great job Lewis well done, the honest team won.....

As for the Aussies not winning as many medals as you lot,
we have twenty odd million souls, how many in England,
and what about the rugby league, someone won 9 tries to one,
the world superbikes Troy Bayliss world champion, world supersports
Andrew Pitt world champion, world superstock Brendan Roberts
world champion ;D ;D ;D

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

nhp651

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 09:39:55 am »

I think you are on a looser with ALL of your arguments there CBR900.
1) for a start, we have a greater geriatric and over 40's population per head of capita than you, who can't obviously compete in any sport unless its for tiddlewinks, scrabble,bridge or falling asleep in a chair, and I don't think that they count as an olympic or any other sport.
2) we have had far more world champs in both motor cycling and motor car racing in our motoring history than the ozzies have had hot turkey dinners on Bondi beach, so you are on a losser there also.
3) we have more immigrants, both legally and illegally, than you have population, and unless the sport is for the 1000 metre dash, I don't think they are elligable for that either.
4) And lets face it, in the late 70's you even had to have a sheila playing cricket for you to beat us in the ashes...I mean this LILLIAN' THOMPSON that you had playing for you was,............... well beyond the pail, wasn't it?
5) And finally..if there was a sport for comedy, you lot would even come third to the good old Germans...who are well known for their good sense of humour.............I'd give up now mate whilst you are on a looser, lol {-) :D :} ;) %% :-))
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.