Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS LEWIS  (Read 7956 times)

Cargo

Re: CONGRATULATIONS LEWIS
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:37 am »

...good old Germans...who are well known for their good sense of humour...

:police:  <*<

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 11:37:44 am »

nhp, {-) {-)

You have me there mate good one................... :-)) :-))

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:01 pm »

Massa wins more races
With some very dubious help from the stewards at, for instance, Spa.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

nhp651

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:36 pm »

no hard feelings, Roy.
I spent two glorious years out in Ozz teaching, and touring and enjoyed every moment of it.
Just thought after the enourmous feeling of greatness after Lewis's triumph last night I'd have a bit of fun.
I only hope the old Teutonic boys don't take it in any other way than what it was meant.a bit of fun. :} {-) O0 :D :-))
cheers,neil.

Cargo

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »

I only hope the old Teutonic boys don't take it in any other way than what it was meant.a bit of fun. :} {-) O0 :D :-))
cheers,neil.

{-)  ;)

And now to something completely different...  %%

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:57 pm »

Move over Indiana Jones....there's a new kid on the block.
I was in Adelaide (at the track) when Mansells tyres blew. Utter dejection. Had to wait a long time to see his replacement.
Lovely to see a born racer again and not a bunch of paraders.(Some exceptions, of course).
Felt sorry for Coulthard though. Not the best way to go out after such a career.
Notes from a simple seaman

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 11:15:27 pm »

Very well done, Lewis. If every race next season is the same it might even get as interesting as the racing with half the number of wheels. I hope Glock's career plan did not include any driving of red cars. And didn't Alonzo go well in the last few races?

Cargo

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 12:09:12 am »

And didn't Alonzo go well in the last few races?

Yes he did... but he §$%"

Sorry, dont like him  >:-o

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 01:22:41 am »

Goodness gracious nhp651, I didn't realise you had so many old codgers over there  :o , no wonder you have so much bad weather with all that grey around  {-) {-). Yes, England (sorry, Great Britain - you have to get the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish to help you) did win more medals than Australia at the Olympics, and so you should. Despite your ridiculous argument that you have a greater ratio of older people than us, which I seriously doubt, you have over 60 million people to choose from, we have just over 21 million. Someone said Australia spends far too much money on amateur sport; what about Britain's statement that goodness knows how many millions more is to be spent on your athletes for the next Olympics. Many Australian athletes have to fund their own way, particularly in the so-called minority sports. The term "amateur" now no longer applies to the Olympics, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fairyland. Most of the top track and field athletes compete regularly in events carrying quite high prize money, as do swimmers, to say nothing of the tennis players, many of whom earn more money than heads of government.  :D

That Lillian Thompson was good though, wasn't she  {-) {-) , really gave it to the English batsmen. At least she was Australian, unlike Allan Lamb, Tony Greig, Basil D'Oliviera, Kevin Pietersen etc, etc, etc.   ;)

Anyway, we're getting somewhat off topic here, Lewis won the title - just, which means he was the most consistent all season, and all congratulations to him and his team.

BTW, cbr900 (Roy), mentioned Rugby League, in which Australia beat England 52-4, although unless you come from Lancashire or Yorkshire, you probably don't care. The majority of League supporters here come from either New South Wales or Queensland, most of the rest of Australia follow Australian Rules football, and they wouldn't care either, but I love it and cheered every try, all 9 of them.  :-))

Peter.

nhp651

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 01:05:23 pm »

yeh, Peter
But you still didn't touch on the fact that if there were medals given out for comedy you ozzies WOULD STILL come THIRD behind the germans in the sense of humour stakes!!! :D O0 {-) %% :} :-))

OH! and by the way, speeking of the south african contingient that has helped us out in our cricket over the years, we're not proud when it comes to asking for help..we'd even have all the decendants of the  ex convicts back from ozz that we transported out there years ago if it would help us out in our conquest for more medals.....as I said we're not proud.lol {-) {-) {-) %%

Eric65

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 05:13:23 pm »

Massive cogratulations to Lewis!

I damn near fell of my sofa in the last two laps....talk about agony and extacy!!!

I must say a word about Massa, he showed true heart and dignity there, and I have no doubt he will be a contender next year.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.