Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: pork sausages  (Read 4902 times)

regiment

pork sausages
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »

so the met police are being sued  over a moslem being told to cook pork  what a laugh when i was in oman (salalah) my native  cooks wera not worried about pork sausage or any thing else pork  perhaps we a getting a bit soft over this moslem  problem if they do not like our ways  the door is all open   regiment O0 O0

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: pork sausages
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:21:52 pm »

Did you know it's British Sausage Week? -  Monday 3 - Sunday 9 November 2008

http://www.britishsausageweek.com/Home.asp
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

das boot

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:37:29 pm »

Martin...I am seriously worried about you now. "British Sausage Week"....? I think you have a bad case of googleitis, I recommend more boat building mate.   O0

"British Sausage Week"....good grief.  :'(  :'(  :'(

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:45:18 pm »

Heard it on the local radio this morning!  :P

Lincolnshire bangers....... Mmmmmmm! O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

das boot

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:51:29 pm »

Heard it on the local radio this morning!  :P

Lincolnshire bangers....... Mmmmmmm! O0

I recommend the bangers made in a tiny one man butchers shop on the edges of the New Forest, it's on your left as you are travelling West...they make their own recipe venison sausages. Absobloodylutely delicious they are....yum.  :-))

Rich

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 08:53:47 pm »

Cumberland sausages, mmmmmmm.
Fits nicely in a sarnie too!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:09 pm »

With brown sauce of course  :-))
Steamed up all the time

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:39:07 pm »

of course!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

chingdevil

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 10:06:13 pm »

I'm with Bob and Phil Cumberland are the best, with brown sauce on crusty bread. God I feel hungry, too late in the night to have a fry up. <:( <:( <:(

Brian

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »

It must be an Engineers thing then, up from the Engine room, quick wipe of the hands and attack a cumberland sausage sarnie with HP sauce, heaven.  :-))

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Timo2

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »

AHH  a nice slice of SQUARE SAUSAGE with Chip and Peas   :-)) :-))

Timo2

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 10:18:39 pm »

Lorne sausage?
Got some in the freezer now, when up in Greenock always bring some home.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

chingdevil

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 10:18:48 pm »

I am not sure about up from the engine room Bob, when I start at six in the morning, like this week two crusty rolls with cumberland sausages plus brown sauce hits the spot for me.

Brian

nhp651

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 10:32:31 pm »

I had a mate "once",( from the new forest) and My girlfriend and i took him and his latest flame camping up to Coniston in the Lakes.he liked to think himself as a gourmet in the kitchen and had all sorts of delicacies planned for us on the ol' primus.
When we came across the local lakeland butcher.he exclaimed as to what the long ring of "meaty thingy" was in the window all curled up, and asked what it was?
I thought I'd get one up on him, and in front of his girlfriend I explained that it was the local delicacy....It was called Cumberland sausage.
"how d'you buy it" he asked.
"oh!, by the yard" I flipantly answered back.
The daft sod bought enough to act as a b****Y tow rope, and we were eating it, morning noon and night in every way conceivable!!
Never saw my "girlfriend" again.....think she collapsed from food poisoning.
And my "mate".......don't think he ate cumberland sausage ever again. %% {-) O0 ;D :}

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 09:10:40 am »

On a vist to Paris, we all went into a small restaurant and in ignorance ordered aFrench sausage called 'Roundoulette' (pronounced 'rondoolet'), a name which will never be forgotten within our group.
 It was a nice warm summers evening and was just beginning to get dark, there were candles on the table and it was all very ..well..French, We sat outside in an allyway, starving hungry, waiting in anticipation for our meal when suddenly we were overwhelmed by the stink of the French drainage system, it was vile and we all felt like 'parking out tigers' right there in the restaurant. It was too late to leave and find another cafe as our meal was on its way and when it arrived, we all admired this very large sausage as it was placed in front of us.
One of the girls cut into hers and reeled back saying " ugh, that ruddy things off!" and again, the stinking drain odour hit us. It then became apparent it was the sausage which stunk of s--t and as we all cut into each of our own, it was blatently obvious that they were all the same. The penny slowly begun to drop and we discoverd the original source of the drains smell... it was coming from the table behind us where a woman was tucking into one of these damned things with gusto and indeed was on the point of clearing her plate! At this point, we abandoned ship and baled out into the street.
We later asked a small village butcher what this thing was and he said " eet ees everysing in ze animal gut which you don't normally eat and and normally throw away and eef you don't cook ze sing properly, eet smells like sheet, and anyway, eet smells like zat anyow"!
We later discovered an advert in the local paper advertising this Roundoulette sausage thing so it was duly cut out and nailed to the back of the bog door! French quisine?......HMMMM . If it were loaded into a 'sausage bomb' and dropped on a town, you could clear the area in very short time and march straight in there unopposed.
Be warned men, this thing is extremely nasty and will have even the toughest Brit gut heaving . . 
Feeling sick as I type this...excuse me, gotta go........!!!!

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:22 am »

I am sure Roger will correct me, but I think your are referring to Andouillete. Everything else in your description is absolutely correct :-))

Barrie

Roger in France

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 10:21:18 am »

Never come across that one and - from your vivid description - I hope I never do!

However, I frequently encounter on menus "Andouilette" which is a sausage made from chitterlings and tastes (to me) awful and looks even worse when raw. To me it is appropriate that "andouille" means "imbecile or twit" in French! They are very popular (the sausages not the twits).

Most French sausages are superb and normally have a much higher meat content than English bangers. Also, fillers such as rusk are unheard of and no preservative is used.

I have discovered that the French will have a go at eating almost anything, fortunately for me, most of it I enjoy very much. here in the Vendee oysters are plentiful and cheap but sadly I do not enjoy them raw or cooked. All my friends and neighbours think I am quite mad! however, our local scallops are my favourite sea food. Incidentally, many of our langoustine come from Scotland.

I was recently asked by a French visitor, who was about to eat dinner in our home, "Is it true that the English eat jam with all their meat?". I realised that they were thinking of apple sauce with pork, red currant jelly with lamb etc!

Frogs legs are good (a little like chicken but not much of it); snails taste of little but garlic butter.

Don't start me on food and wine...my wife is a Cordon Bleu Chef and I keep a modest cellar!

Roger in France

Just seen Barrie's reference to me. I too wondered if Sheerline had got the name wrong but he seemed quite clear and positive.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 10:32:43 am »

" eet ees everysing in ze animal gut which you don't normally eat and and normally throw away and eef you don't cook ze sing properly, eet smells like sheet, and anyway, eet smells like zat anyow"!

All these years and I never knew I could actually read French!   {-)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 10:40:04 am »

No Men, I stand corrected, it's been a while now since I saw the name written down so you are perfectly correct!
The memory of the written word may have faded but the smell never will.
As far as speaking French is concerned I never learned it but you obviously understood it!! :D

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:33 pm »

Many years ago now there was a TV series - The Year of the French . One of the programmes followed the Presidente of the Fleurie wine co-operative - she was about 80 years old, a spinster and quite a character. She lived in a house adjoining her nephew's charcuterie, and described her favourite food as being his andouilette. My wife and I really enjoyed the series  and this programme in particular so when we eventually visited Fleurie with our caravan we had to visit the charcuterie and buy some Andouilette ..... we didn't eat them :((

Barrie

garston1

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 03:54:18 pm »

Please please, where can i get anouillette? O0, it sounds ok to me

Roger in France

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »

garston1, let me know how many kilos of andouilette you require and I will give you a price to buy and post.

Always provided, that is, that you indemnify me against any and all repercussions!

Roger in France

catengineman

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 05:41:13 pm »

Linconshire Pork sausages obtained from a little town called Louth.  :-))

will be up there this coming Thursday to load up for the freezer.

R,

bigfella

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 01:25:24 am »

Hi All

I know the thread name is PORK Sausages but I bought some Beef Sausages the other day. Now the butcher is not your run of the mill meat purveyor. He has direct deals from the producers and the quality is so above any other butchers. The sausages are Wagyu Beef which I understand is a Japanese breed where the marbling in the meat keeps nice and moist and flavorsome when cooking. As a special treat we bought a Wagyu Beef Roast and quite frankly I have never tasted meat with so much flavour. Oh and the sausages were just as good.

Regards David

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:09 am »

The sausages are Wagyu Beef which I understand is a Japanese breed

David, Wagyu can refer to several breeds of cattle developed in Japan, but now bred in Australia and other countries. As you say, the marbling in the beef keeps it moist, but as the marbling is actually fat throughout the muscle tissue, it is not particularly healthy - it tastes great, and is tender, but has a high fat content.

Peter.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.