Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3%  (Read 1941 times)

omra85

3%
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:25:02 pm »

I was watching the news with Mrs 85 and she asked me to explain about the Bank of England's 1.5% cut in interest rate.
Well, sez I, "when (if) we get a cut in the mortgage repayments, the government want us to keep the economy going by spending more money.  They give it to us so that we can spend it and give it back.  It's like a kind of tax, so when I go to the Boat Show on Sunday, I HAVE to spend a lot of money to help Great Britain out of recession!"

Think she fell for it ??

No, me neither  %) %) %%

Danny

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
Re: 3%
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:47 pm »

Always worth a try though Danny :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

bigfella

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:11:20 pm »

You have to stimulate the economy somehow. Why not through model boats. It will be a Model Boat led recovery, who needs stocks and shares or bricks and mortar {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

craftysod

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:52:50 pm »

So if you say to your kids/grandkids "with this pocket money,go down to model shop and buy your mum/dad/grandparents what they need for their model boat,it will help out with the economy,which means you will get more pocketmoney in the future"  :}
Mark

omra85

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 08:27:33 pm »

You have to stimulate the economy somehow. Why not through model boats. It will be a Model Boat led recovery, who needs stocks and shares or bricks and mortar {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

I think "stocks" and "bricks" might not go amiss sometimes O0 O0 :}

das boot

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »

I was watching the news with Mrs 85 and she asked me to explain about the Bank of England's 1.5% cut in interest rate.
Well, sez I, "when (if) we get a cut in the mortgage repayments, the government want us to keep the economy going by spending more money.  They give it to us so that we can spend it and give it back.  It's like a kind of tax, so when I go to the Boat Show on Sunday, I HAVE to spend a lot of money to help Great Britain out of recession!"

Think she fell for it ??

No, me neither  %) %) %%

Danny

Nice try sir, I offer you my congratulations, you are truly a brave man.   O0  O0  O0

Rich

garston1

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 03:38:47 pm »

Mmmmmm, i tried that on Mrs garston 1 and she hit me with a frying pan  <*<. I am now sleeping in the dog kennel :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.