Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 40ft MTB  (Read 5069 times)

ggeorge

40ft MTB
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:28 am »

HI Meyham crew,
  I have started to build a TID Tug which is in the work boat section. I have just finished a 40ft MTB.and I thought you would be interisted in ihe build. Thew scale is 1in. to 1 ft and all scratch built. Enjoy the photos.   

ggeorge

Re: 40ft MTB
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:07:35 am »

Build 2

ggeorge

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:10:07 am »

Build 3

ggeorge

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:13:25 am »

Build 4

ggeorge

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:18:19 am »

Well I hope you enjoyed the pix. Now back to the TID Tug. I will Post as I work on the tug.

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:14:07 am »

George,

She is stunning. Let us have more information on her please. A most unusual subject...

Barry

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:20:10 am »

George, a man after my heart. Had been over your pics with very much interest as I am heading for to build all three types of CMB`s at scale 1:24. Which plans did you have used to make it happen?

Congrats to that brilliant job,
Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

cdsc123

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 07:55:52 pm »

:-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Superb!
Barry, see a real one here;
http://nationalhistoricships.org.uk/index.cfm/event/getVessel/vref/400/pic/1
More info here;
http://www.pbenyon1.plus.com/Janes_1919/P_PC_Boats_etc/CMB.html
and here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_Motor_Boats
Jorg, plans at 1/16th scale are to be found in Model Shipwright no 96 (June
1996).
A 1/48th scale resin and white-metal kit was available from TC Models.

ando

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »

:-))  WOW     !!!   I , m   very impressed !!
                                                           the detail is out of this world  !    but you painted all that brass !
              I love it       WELL DONE
 REGARDS ANDY :-)) :-) 8)

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 06:07:31 pm »

that realy looks good. saw one a long time ago at some show. it had a working torpedo,contra rotating props. was a real joy to watch. have you gone down that route?
please more info.
colion
grumpy old XXX

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 12:55:56 pm »

Extremely impressive!  :-)) Is this a static or working model? It looks virtually museum-quality, especially the detail of the steering gear + rudder!

I have a 1/48 resin kit (static model) of the 55ft CMB (the larger type) which I'm planning to build some time this year; a 40ft kit was also available from the same manufacturer, but I've never seen one for sale

ggeorge

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 05:42:23 pm »

Hi Mayhem Members,
  Hope all are still enjoying the holidays and getting ready for the new year. As for a couple questions on this project. The torpedo is not an operating one. I have seen operation ones that are quite a bit smaller and I am sure that one this size could be made to operate. But I am on to another project, My TID tug at 3/4" to 1 ft. It is an RC model as you can see from the photos. The hatch on the port side is not on the actual boat. I had to do this to get access to the servile which operate the rudder by camels as the actual boat. Enjoy the photos and all the best to all in 2009!
  G. George

ggeorge

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:56 pm »

Hi again,
  I had better clarify this or I am sure I will be question on the control camels. There were no animals hurt in the construction of this model. I should read control cables.
 Again all the best in the new year.
 G. George   

ando

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 08:15:01 pm »

hi     i love the amount of detail on your model    i would like to know were you got your plan from  i have a plan from the MMI magazine  but it does,nt have the detail that your model has !! :-))
      the picture to thw left is my model of a cmb  not bad for a newbe   i aspire to build as good has your model
 Once again GREAT MODEL  :-) :-))

Regards Andy

ggeorge

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 04:46:41 pm »

Hi Andy,
  The drawing I used were in a issue of Model Shipwright. Saying that I went back through my stack and I could not find it. I do have a copy of the plans which I had enlarged to 1in.-1ft. Also the Duxford National War Museum has a 40ft. MCB which I managed to download some photos which were of some help. You are welcome to all the material I have and I can make you a copy of the plans. Just e-mail me and we can make the arrangements.
All the best in the NewYear,
G. George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.