Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abobe Flash Player (10) problems...  (Read 3006 times)

BJ

Abobe Flash Player (10) problems...
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:24:06 pm »

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my PC keeps "dumping" Flash Player. Every week I have to reinstall the Adobe program to view videos. I also have to close Zone Alarm AND BillP Studio's WinPatrol in order to reload Flash Player.  :'(

Wiggy

Re: Abobe Flash Player (10) problems...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:48 pm »

Hi BJ,
I think the reason that you have to close Zone Alarm and WinPatrol down is that to d/load Flash you need to activate 'Active X' which they both think is an attack on your 'puter. Try removing any old versions of Flash Player first and then restart your computer before trying to d/load the newer version and it might then install correctly.
Had a few problems like that with it myself two weeks ago so worth a try.
Cheers,

Paul.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 05:28:42 pm »

Just as Wiggy says, same prob with Adobe 9. Had to enable Active X to download then disabled it after down loading completed even on a updated version.

Lot of security systems look on ActiveX as an attacker.

Seaspray

BJ

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:38:00 am »

I will give (both of) your  advice a whirl next time.

I have to install Active X to download Flash Player each time. My PC "blacksmith" did use an uninstall progam for removing older versions of Flash Player and left me the link .

Thanks

PT Sideshow

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »

Do not install Adobe flash player 10 it will add a block to your computer. If you use Photo Bucket

Here's the official statement from PB

We are sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with the one-click copy feature provided with your Photobucket account. Adobe recently released Adobe Flash Player Version 10. There were changes in that program to prevent problems with potentially dangerous content being added to your clipboard. Those changes interacted with the one-click copy feature provided by Photobucket.

Photobucket is actively working on a resolution for the issue and plans to have that available in the near future.

I hate adobe! A number of years ago, when the PDF reader was updating it swept my computer for other of their products, It removed older versions of all the products I had been using. the PDF editor, and other PDF and photo software I had purchased.
The editor program was a down load. When I complained to them I was told tuff buy a new copy, I told them that I didn't need all the fancy stuff for what I did. They said to bad buy a big bucks copy and don't use the stuff.
So be careful as their stuff tends to auto load and install before you can stop it.
I removed flash player 10 and the auto copy now works again.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 03:12:15 pm »

Thanks for the warning :-))
..well can you land on this?

PT Sideshow

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 03:26:33 pm »

IT does mean that you need Java or something else to run You Tube. Unless you have version 9 of the flash player will work fine. If and when they correct it I will post the info.
 %%

PT Sideshow

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 08:35:04 pm »

Should have added this to the first post http://forums.photobucket.com/index.php
has some quick fixes till it is corrected. I also understand that there might be some other problems too. its in the TECH help section of the forum under auto copy and a couple of other questions.

PT Sideshow

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 02:27:33 am »

If you what to remove adobe flash player version 10 and reinstall version 9 or an earlier here is the download site for it. Do not download the debugger versions.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:11 am »

It completely goosed my WindowsXP, couldnt start in any mode, not even safe.
Had to clean reinstall everything.
Rather annoying as I had just done this about 2 weeks ago!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:31:37 am »

My setup returns version 10 but I'm running Vista.

BJ

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26:54 pm »

Seems that the final answer is what is contained within the downloaded programs! :((
Zone Alarm keeps picking up on two files during its scan. The second of which is C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10a.ocx and then displays InterfaceRegKey:
Somewhere in that lot is a medium risk Trojan named as  Win32.traffds

Wiggy

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 06:02:48 pm »

I've gone back to version 9 as kept having a problem that said about 10a.ocx and closing IE7 down. Gone back to 9 and haven't seen the warning sinceor had a prob. with IE :-)).
Don't think i'll go onto Reader 9 either, will stick with what works best and gives less agro. :-)

Paul.

BJ

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 10:01:53 am »

Below is the text from my local PC guy re the Zone Alarm dumping - I believe that he mean that "they are" aware not "there".

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/board/print?board.id=MalwareDiscussion&message.id=4896&page=1&format=page

Please see the link above from the ZA forums, the file its picking up
aparently is a false positive that there aware of and have fixed with the
latest updated or will be fixing, its worth reading the page to get a full
explanation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.