Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09  (Read 100943 times)

dave301bounty

Re: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:59 pm »

Wall,,when you compleat this   Nice .   Good looking vessel . where will you sail her  ? and are you going to have the proper baptism .  Well done to that man .

wallace

« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2009, 10:48:17 am »

Good morning Dave  its a long way off to go before its ready for its trails, well there is only one place to sail her  and thats down at the lake on new brighton,but I may test her in my pond with my fish to see how she looks and to add the weights,of course Dave I will let you come to the first launch and if it looks right will give every one a wee drink but not smashing any bottles over the hull ?????
Anyway Dave thanks for your kind comments hope you have and still enjoying the build.Must go now coffee time then onto more building.   :-)) :-)) ;) ok2   :-)     wallace

wallace

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2009, 07:33:39 pm »

:police:       :police:      :police:    :-))    :-))      ;)   :-)   Well folks just a little up- date after putting on the primer last night on my deck plating  had a very good look at it this morning and I was not happy bunny the primer reacted to the card that i got from the printers and it looked like a hairy jumper ,it was not like the f'wrd deck in which I'm happy with.So I spent a few hours running around the yellow pages for a very good art shop and I found one about 10 miles from the house,Tried to phone Mountfleet about the art paper that came with the kit which I dont think is enough they say use ART PAPER MO  the art shop I went to and the owner came out to help me is an artist very helpful in the shop so I got 3 big sheets of art paper and when I got home I cut a little bit of the card and sprayed with primer went back after a nice cuppa and I was all smiles again it looked really great.So I was going to ripe up the whole lot that I hacve done,but in the end decided to do another way will tell you all once its done and what im doing will take photos and keep you in-formed.By the way does anyone know if there is someone out there who does the mould of the hull of the Sir Lancelot and please not Mountfleet.
                                                   wallace   :-))

wallace

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »

:-))   well its all back on course have redone the deck plating and its been done the same way and in nearly two pieces just a little join fixed it all on the deck two days ago and today i gave it a coat and two maybe three of primer and its looking good this time have taken photos  and will be posting them sometime tomorrow.I have also done the fixing of the bottom of the front deck ready for the big gun to go into place but not before i do the hull getting really close to painting the hull.

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49:38 pm »

keep it up Wallace, you know it will be worth all the swearing when she is finished.
in my own little world

wallace

« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2009, 04:59:42 pm »

heres as promise the photos of the deck plating, also the front of the gun deck all filled in.
Just done a little bit today and that was trying to put the capping rail around the stern and as you can see by the photos i have had to fill hope it looks ok when sanded.

wallace

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2009, 05:06:47 pm »

Heres a few more of the deck which is all had two coats of primer.

wallace

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 08:22:44 pm »

Heres more photos of the capping rail both sides done but not up to standard yet.

wallace

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:59 pm »

heres more of the sanding of the capping rails

wallace

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2009, 06:42:41 pm »

:-) :-))  Hello to all sorry its been awhile since anything has been put on here. well the reason is I had a bad few weeks  back and fore to the hospitals for this and that.It must be around 6 weeks since I have posted things about the building.
So what have I done to the build well done a few of the small bits the lovely white metal rubbing it down and prime the little things then the top coat,have also done alot of the boat deck both sides its really tested me to the limits as you only have photos from books etc to go on and other models but its all coming together nice and slowly the photos are off the platforms for the boats both sides and the rudder hatch also the platforms at the stern started on the lifebelts and racks for the lifebelts.Hope you like the photos
Also I have started on the hull again and these photos I hope are the last of the primmer going on as the hull was in such a mess.

wallace

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »

more of the build from the stern

wallace

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2009, 07:05:19 pm »

this is the rudder hatch

wallace

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2009, 07:16:05 pm »

these photo are all white metal bits the lifebelts steering chain pully oropesa floats

wallace

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2009, 07:21:23 pm »

Just a few more bits

wallace

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2009, 05:07:24 pm »

Heres the latest parts im doing all to do with the bridge wings.    ;)

wallace

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2009, 05:14:01 pm »

:-))   

wallace

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2009, 05:24:54 pm »

and more of the build.

dave301bounty

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2009, 08:07:49 pm »

That very special Admiralty paint does the job beautifull ,dont it . Well done that Man .

wallace

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »

Thank you so much Dave  still a long way to go today I have been painting the life-belts also the bridge supports and the funnel is nearly all done and the plating around the bridge wings just got to fix them into place .

wallace

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2009, 07:40:18 pm »

heres the floats just got to paint them up now. :-))

wallace

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2009, 04:23:35 pm »

Theses photos are of the lifebelts and the bridge supports and some doors I have been a very busy young man ???? %%

wallace

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2009, 04:31:12 pm »

Just some more of the finish bits that have been done and have fixed to the front of the bridge well no pea-shooter will get throught that also fixed the bridge wings onto the superstructor and put heavy 12v batteries to keep it together,  <*<

wallace

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »

:-)) All looking A1 OK  still getting all the little bits out of the way.
I will have to get down and paint the ships side been putting it of for ages just cant get the lines right but It wont beat me.
Theses photos are of the bridge wing all fixed together and re-painted.  :-))   :-))  <*<

wallace

« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2009, 07:04:27 pm »

First photo is the lower boom coming of the main mast and the other photos are the mast in place to see how it looks and other parts  put them on just to see how its all coming on I do like it alot and really getting so proud of the build like I have said alot of times it has tested me to my limits.

wallace

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »

More photos of the build put onto the deck once again to see how they look
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.