Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09  (Read 101033 times)

wallace

Re: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »

More of the build being added these are the lockers and flag locker on the front of the bridge.

wallace

« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2011, 05:21:09 pm »

More more of the build mostly of the stays etc

garston1

« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2011, 06:22:12 pm »

looking good Wallace  :-))

dave301bounty

« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »

I Say ,Your not going to put that Exhibition Model ,Beauty ,in the murky lake ,surely .Nice looking job ,you do build a good vessel .

wallace

« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2011, 10:13:28 am »

Well after 2 years and three months of building with the help of my health I can wait to get it in the water to see how she goes will have to start putting in the weights  will try it all out in my fish pond at home.

dave301bounty

« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2011, 11:26:30 am »

Now I See ,,the Grey is ,as said ,well done ,and thankyou .

wallace

« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »

A few more shots of the rigging put together got to do it so as to make it easy to un hook so the superstruct can be taken of still looking for a way to leave the battery in and re-charge ?????

wallace

« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »

Nearly at the end of doing all the rigging lines etc just need a few more brass blocks

wallace

« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:37 pm »

theses photos are the first of the build outside in the sunshine the first time Sir Lancelot has seen the outside world hope you like I think she is looking great I think my best build so far. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
The first ones are some more bits added.

wallace

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:33 pm »

first full photo of Sir Lancelot outside she looks great

wallace

« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:00 pm »

these last three are was left to be put onto Lancelot still a few more weeks until all done maybe abit longer have to go in for another opperation in 2 weeks   O0  :-)) :-))

Paul Godfrey

« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »

Looking very good indeed Wallace, not too far to go now!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery  :-))

Regards, Paul.

wallace

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2011, 10:17:18 am »

Thanks Paul no not long now  just going to extend on/off switch's for the lights and the motor  have made a box to sit on the empty wooden platform at the rear you know where,it will save me from taking the superstructure on/off all the time when not sailing I will have a go but not to good at the electrics the wires are so thin. :-)) :-)) :-))
PS  any ideas from anyone

wallace

« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2011, 05:14:20 pm »

These photos are about extending the wire from the speed controller and the light  Im made up that I have done it as Im no good at the hot iron with solder

wallace

« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »

The photo shown was the wires all working  and the next ones are for the other switch which is for the lights all working hope you can see so pleased with myself.

wallace

« Reply #315 on: March 21, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »

At long last the wires are done and fit A1 ok just a few holes drilled out and a new locker made so all the photos are showing from the switchs and the covers.

wallace

« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2011, 06:42:42 pm »

To day was the first time Sir Lancelot has  seen water as its to big to get upstairs and into the bath and I think too big for the bath
I had to share my fish pond with my boat so hes is the first photos of it in the water to ballast its take alot and it weighs a ton got told off for lifting it in and out of the pond. %) :-)) :-)) :}

wallace

« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:21 am »

a few more photos of trying to get the weight A1 ok in my pond

wallace

« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:46 am »

photos taken at my club show on April 10th at New Brighton along with my other boats I entered my Sir Lancelot although it was not finish alot of interest was taken of my boat and she looked great in the open.the competition was  static models made by there owners but no catagories it was all in  lost out by half a point.
                    wallace :-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

Absolute credit to you in the build of Sir Lancelot  wallace...... :-)) ....regards Derek  O0............
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »

Hi Wallace, you had been a busy boy  :D
Well done, mate!

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

pugwash

« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

It looks really good now you are near the end of the build - it must have been one hell of a boat to beat you in the competition.

Geoff

wallace

« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2011, 10:11:36 am »

What can I say  well first of all many many thanks for all the kind reports you have wrote about my build it means so much to me and I have really enjoyed building it and special thanks to the lovely people on here who have help me and put me right on things about the build I just cannot thank you enough  thank you thank you thank you.
I was a little bit sad i didnot get into the top three but there you go always a next time at our show and this time the boat will be all done but without me and my boat there would never have been a winner   :o 
Jorg have not forgot about you and when I have taken all the photos the last ones will be in the boating lake on its first trip I will put all the photos onto DVD for upto now photos stand at 776 of the build from day one would you still like one and will the DVD work over there.keep in touch
                   wallace  :-)) :-))

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:15 am »

wallace....very difficuilt to spot any error here from 20,000 km away.......but in image 776...... I see the hull as gloss  >>:-( .....could this have lost you 1/2 a score point? ...... :embarrassed: Derek  %)

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

wallace

« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

Hi to you at so many miles away  hello Derek yes the hull is gloss that is due to I was in the Royal Navy for 12 years in the seamenship branch and have painted so many ship sides and all the ones I painted well help paint were all gloss paint and the paint I have used is the true colour paint for the R.N But anyway derek many thanks for your kind words.
Here are a few more photos of the build and these photo are showing you the big mistake I made with the f/ward port holes on the stbd side.
I was fixing the pennant number T228 to the port side and it just went on below the port holes.
Went to do the same on the stbd side and there was no room to fix the pennant number,so the photos show port holes remove ,
the two holes open up in the correct postion, and the pennant number fix by blue tack so I could make the holes in the right place and the 3rd photo shows how it should look from the port side.
Will fill the the old part of holes with f/glass tomorrow leave to go off rub down and file the hole to the right size in the right place.Then re-paint with primmer ,undercoat then top coat Im sure all will look good when done  hope to have it done by next week some time
I have always said if im not happy I do it again well this is the biggest mistake as yet, :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))    wallace
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.