Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09  (Read 101084 times)

wallace

Re: Sir Lancelot the Building from Jan09
« Reply #325 on: April 22, 2011, 07:41:13 pm »

These photos show what I have done to put the port holes right
Photo 1 filled with f/glass
photo 2  Rubbed down
photo 3 painted again
I may have to refill a little bit  as i can see day light around part of port holes but I will get it right
                       wallace  :-)) :-))

Paul Godfrey

« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2011, 07:30:13 pm »

Hi Wallace,

Your boat's looking fabulous, very well done indeed.

I admire the way you go back and change things if you're not 100% happy with what you've done, even if it means alot of extra work.

Looking forward to seeing your S.L. on the water in the near future.

Regards,
Paul

PMK

« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2011, 07:40:21 pm »

Those brass window frames seen in the first few photos really are nice. I'll bet it must have taken you a lot of patience and skill to make them that good.

wallace

« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2011, 03:24:10 pm »

Once again Paul many thanks for kind words just a few more bits to go was going to put the whole boat into my pond to ballast right down but the weather was so nice on Sunday took me sheila - R and had a play for 4 hours  and Monday was a black one for me got something on my pc and its taken me up to now to put right but I done it.

The brass windows a friend on mayhem done them for me and what a great job he done I only done the rivets.

wallace   :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2011, 03:30:15 pm »

Three photos putting the port holes back in and also fixing the pennent number  onto the bow  so all is done
and I'm happy with the out come.  :-))

wallace

« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

These photos are the re make of the switches for my power to motor and for the lights the ones I done in earlier photos I just did not like so I re-made the platform and the switches just fell into place   thats me all over do it over and over until its right this time I did get it right hope you like.
                                       wallace  :-))

wallace

« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:43 pm »

Photos of the wooden ladders  i made in place of the white metal ones you have seen photos of the ladders earlier but now these have been cut down to size and all have brass hand rails fitted.
                                  wallace   :-))

wallace

« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2011, 04:15:56 pm »

Nearly forgot all about the poor old anchor here it is all painted just hanging around ready to get fitted

dave301bounty

« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

Got three brass anchors would make that .. but you dont want the ships chandlers name do you ,lots of stuff goin at scullys skem ,.

wallace

« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Heres a look into my boatyard where I spend alot of my time with my boats and building I do try and keep it tidy and clean.

:-)) wallace  :-))

wallace

« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2011, 07:09:50 pm »

Just been trying to put some more photos on here cant do it.  wallace

wallace

« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2011, 10:41:38 am »

:-)

wallace

« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2011, 10:59:26 am »

Heres the photo I promise you yesterday (Admin done great job in fixing)
All the photos are the last bits to be added and jazz up or re-done not long before its in the lake.

wallace

« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2011, 11:03:58 am »

more more more of the build hope you like      wallace

Dave13

« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2011, 11:16:40 am »

Hi Wallace
Thats a lovley looking model you have their! :-)) :-))
Thanks Dave:)

wallace

« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

Just a quick update on the build just got to the boat falls awaiting to order the brass blocks and to fit the anchor been putting it off for ages have got to drill into the hull to fit the anchor got to get it right as I dont want to get water inside when me mind is right and the weather is for building  I will drill and eprox all around rub down then paint reason for drilling is I dont want to just glue it on as moving hands at the lake side will always break something so Im playing safe.
Here  are a few photos of my boats taken by my mate at the club show just wanted to share them with you all.
        wallace    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

« Reply #341 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:14 pm »

Here's the Sir Lancelot in my garden pond with the fish swimming around her and the S/L just abouts fits in but just great to get the final balance done,the last time was getting the weight right without the superstructor fitted,so when fitted in the pond on Sat4th June 2011 the boat just keeled over to port it took around two hours to get it right ,it was in and out of the pond top of then back on still could not get it right  so out it came again took the small 12v battery out from the bow and re-place it with the big 12v so now the boat had two 12v battery's in one for the motors and lights and a dead one up in the bows (will have to weigh the 12v  battery and replace it with lead that I have )dont want the battery moving when its in the water,also on both side in the hull is lead so now the Sir Lancelot is at its full weight around 56lbs its a very heavy boat.
All that left to do now is the brass blocks on the lifeboat and fixing the anchor then onto sea trails but will not put it in the boating lake at New Brighton as the water has drop a good 12 inches and the lake is contaminated and needs cleaning but club cant do it just yet as the builders have not give us water.
Hope you like the photos only a few more to take  then photos on the move in the lake.
If anyone would like a DVD with all the photos of the build I would be pleased to do so,many thanks to everyone for looking and all the kind replies.
                         wallace    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Paul Godfrey

« Reply #342 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:21 pm »

Hi Wallace

Looking absolutely brilliant on the water -  you must be looking forward very much to sailing her on the lake.

My S.L. already has two 12v batteries in it, one below the main winch, and one in front of it, so I was happy to read from your posting that this extra weight is needed up front!

Well done again Wallace, look forward to some more photos of S.L. under full steam!

Regards,
Paul

nhp651

« Reply #343 on: June 05, 2011, 11:11:31 pm »

she looks fantastic, wallace....just needs a little rough weather to get her head into now for a full action shot...enjoy sailing her.
neil. :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

« Reply #344 on: June 25, 2011, 10:58:56 am »

These photos are about re-doing the ships boat  and bits that I missed not much more to do now.
I took the ships boat of S/L and it made it so easy to work on on the worktop all that it needs is to be put back onto the boat deck and fixed into place,I also done the supports arm for the superstructor port and stbd sides and at long last drill into the hull and fixed the anchor just needs abit of paint  so after 2.7 months of building the Sir Lancelot just waiting for the boating lake to be cleaned out and hopefully into the water to see how she goes.DVD's will be done to all who want.
                        wallace   :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2011, 11:01:53 am »

next from the boatdeck

wallace

« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »

Will post a few more re-dones S/L has not been in the lake as yet waiting for the parks/gardens dept to get the lake done  water is to low  to put a heavy boat in  will post photos very soon.   wallace

wallace

« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2011, 10:21:36 am »

Update on the sailing at the moment the lake is still not done so its first sail in open water will be when it happens please follow my new build...

its called RESOLVE - http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31931.msg315278#msg315278

wallace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »

:-)) Well at long last the boating lake at New Brighton has been done and the corner that was cut out by the builders has now been filled in and a inlet has been done and fitted to the lake and last week one of the members of our  model boat society has filled the lake up-to 4 inches from the top had a sail this w/e and putting the boats in was just great no more back breaking by putting the boats in when the water is nearly 2 foot from the top.
So with the Sir Lancelot weighing around 90lbs the water height is just right I can now get S/L into the lake and see how she goes and to ballast up rightly.Photos will be taken so watch this space and also on our web site  wallasey model boat society.co.uk
    wallace  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

wallace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2012, 04:55:57 pm »

Latest update on the Sir Lancelot 99% all done only the crew to paint up and two flags to make.
Well yesterday Sunday was the day she was going to be put into the boating lake as the club was having a Warship day run by Dave Wooley arrived at the lake at 08.50am in the pooring rain and having a good old chat with Dave the time was way passed 09.30am and everywhere was getting flooded Dave said its not a good day to have will go again in Sept.
Heres Sir Lancelot sitting in the car with all the gear to ballast her up and try her out on the lake well always another time.
       wallace   :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.