Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Hemisphere sporting woes.  (Read 9598 times)

nhp651

Re: Northern Hemisphere sporting woes.
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 10:13:06 pm »

I must confess, though, Peter....the French do have good reason for disliking the brits so much. :(( :((
You see, they've never forgiven us for cheeting on them at Agincourt in 1415.
There they were, playing the game, and we had to go and stuff it up by shooting at them from long range with our long bows.
They didn't stand a chance of winning with the puny little cross bows that they were using.
Jolly poor loosers, I'd say!! {-) {-) {-)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:38 pm »

Thats ok, the Brits don't like us much either, offer them a 5 goal lead in ice hockey match at the Winter Olympics and their response....Eddie 'the Eagle' {-)

bigfella

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 01:48:49 am »

Fellow Australians and those who are surprised about the RLWC win by NZ. Those who have followed the coarse of the coaches of Australia and NZ would realize the irony of this win by NZ. Wayne Bennet was replaced by Ricky Stewart as Head Coach of Australia and there was a war of words between them. No real love lost there. Wayne Bennet (who I think is the best RL coach ever) became assistant coach of NZ and has had sweet revenge. As we know Stewart spat the dummy at the officials after the game, he is just a sore looser and I have always thought so. NZ just wanted the win more and played like they did. Good on them I say. Don't get me wrong I love Australia but I love a good competition more :-)) :-)).

Regards David

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2008, 02:54:43 am »

As we know Stuart spat the dummy at the officials after the game, he is just a sore loser and I have always thought so. NZ just wanted the win more and played like they did. Good on them I say. Don't get me wrong I love Australia but I love a good competition more :-)) :-)).

Couldn't agree more, David. Ricky Stuart's post match behaviour was appalling, and while I agree the refereeing was dreadful, to complain after being well beaten reeks of "sour grapes".

Neil, remind me never to upset the French, if they can hold a grudge for nearly 600 years  {-). Your comment about the French disliking the British reminds me of a line from a song, (don't ask me which one, and I'm not even sure if I've got it right), which goes something like - "The British hate the Germans, the Germans hate the French, and the French don't like anyone very much".  ;)

Peter.

Roger in France

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:29 am »

Be careful, be very, very careful, mes amis!

Roger in France

Reade Models

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 06:51:06 am »

The heads of the English broadhead arrows used at Agincourt and Crecy were the width of a man's hand (the English specification in those days).  It must have been terrible for the French to have that lot raining down on them.

The French don't seem to be able to have a good battle without moaning about it forever more. Most unsporting... {-) {-)

Malc

andygh

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 07:23:13 am »

Correction

The French don't seem to be able to lose a good battle without moaning about it forever more.   :D

barryfoote

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:26 am »

Now come on guys, leavre the poor old French alone, after all if you take a quick look back at history, we have been at war with each other for most of the last 600 years, during most of which they have been losing.......Not a nice thing to accept that...

Barry

bigfella

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 09:31:49 am »

I think you all miss the point. As I understand history, The Normans were french and they certainly united the Brittons into one land one king. What has happened over the years does not change that. I think you would be hard pressed to not find a connection to the French in most English family trees.

Regards David

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 12:02:54 pm »

Now the next target on the radar is the Welsh,
look out boys here comes the Aussies.............. :-)) <*<

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Reade Models

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2008, 05:49:02 pm »

Nah, we prefer a real challenge.. {-)

Malc

nhp651

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 06:40:51 pm »

Oh dear Peter......your lads seem to have bumbed out at the rugby yet again {-) {-) {-)
you'll be transporting them back here for their sins, next.
the ignominy of it??? %% %% {-) {-) :-))
Never mind..........there's always synchronised swimming.......we're not to good at that one.....the water's too coold to practice in? %) ;D :-))
Oh Yeh, what was that one CBR900, lol O0 O0 {:-{ :((

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 08:50:20 pm »

Oh dear Peter......your lads seem to have bombed out at the rugby yet again

Yes Neil, Wales were always going to be hard to beat. However, I don't call beating Italy, France and, of course, England  :-)) "bombing out". The score in the Wales match was very close, 2 tries each, the difference being 1 penalty goal, and given the fact that Australia lost its captain after 2 minutes, and a winger later in the match, they didn't do too badly. I haven't seen the match so I can only go on news reports.

Oh, by the way, I see that England suffered another heavy loss, this time to New Zealand - I noticed you didn't mention that   :embarrassed:  New Zealand have now completed the "Grand Slam", having beaten England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, without having a try scored against them. England, on the other hand, have been beaten by South Africa (heavily), New Zealand, (heavily), and Australia (not so heavily).

Peter.

nhp651

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 09:34:54 pm »

peter, I've given over relating the number of times that England loose to someone or other. :(( {:-{ :((
to read that list would take me longer than reading Tolstoi's War and Peace. {-) {-)

Roger in France

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2008, 08:40:07 am »

WALES v AUSTRALIA:

Sorry, Peter but if you watched the match you would have seen Wales outplay Australia.

To attribute this (even in part) to the loss of their Captain is nonsense. You could also blame it on losing a player who committed a deliberate and blatant penalty offence and spent 10 mins, in the sin bin. The score would have been rather different if Wales had scored with two badly missed penalty kicks. I would add that the Welsh lineout (which performed badly) also gave away one try by allowing a stupid intercept.

Lets forget all that, it was one of the best, fastest games I have seen in a long time.

Roger in France

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:35 am »

And to all the better team won  ;) ;)

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2008, 01:00:09 am »

And to all the better team won  ;) ;)

No argument from me there.

Peter.

Albion

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2008, 07:33:37 am »

I think you all miss the point. As I understand history, The Normans were french and they certainly united the Brittons into one land one king. What has happened over the years does not change that. I think you would be hard pressed to not find a connection to the French in most English family trees.

Regards David
Non non non, the Normans were Vikings, ok the average soldier was French but William et family were vikings at heart

andygh

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2008, 07:36:18 am »

Correct, Norman = Northman/Norseman
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.