Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyne Class Lifeboat  (Read 1889 times)

balders

Tyne Class Lifeboat
« on: November 17, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

Hi
  A mate of mine is restoring a 1/12th scale Tyne class lifeboat.He is having trouble identifying the correct anchor type.Can anyone tell me the type required and who may be able to supply it.I too have a query.I am building a tug based on Slipway's Al Khubar and I intend to show its port of registration as England(Grimsby).I would like to know what flag such a vessel would fly,if any?

:embarrassed:Hope that doesnt make me sound to dim and thank you in anticipation of your answer.Thanks for taking a look.

Regards Andy (Balders) :-))

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tyne Class Lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:43:26 pm »

Balders   looking to see if i have the info  as two types were used on the Tyne a conventional type and one which i would describe as a shovel style,  i will look when at home tonight in case no one else finds the answere for you   pic of one type which they carried
two of.  or removed one and replaced it with one of the shovel type.

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:32:07 pm »

The one MCAT shows is called a Fishermans anchor and is on the Port side as he shows (Model Slipway sell a 1/12th scale one including the fitting) the other type is called a Delta Plough (pictures 1 and 2) and sits on the foredeck in its fittting (Don't think anybody sells them at 1/12th scale!!). I made my own (pictures 3 and 4) 8)!!

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

balders

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:47:28 pm »

:-)) Thanks guys, appreciate your response.Fine looking models you have there.Credit to you both.

Regards Andy(balders)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.