Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Virgin service ??????  (Read 8785 times)

catengineman

Virgin service ??????
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:10:24 pm »

>>:-(

I am supposed to have virgin media BB and home phone option 3

I got an E-mail to say that "congratulations we have boosted your service to make your surfing better"

That was on the 7th of this month!  at 09:42

I have not   yes I said NOT had any Broadband connection since then  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
I contacted virgin via my mobile internet and the person there said "but your connected through the internet to this service" ?
I have rang, e-mailed and used their web based contact routes every day and every day they gave given a different reason for the loss of the connection.
BT's fault
My settings fault
My routers fault
BT not checking the right fault
My phone filters fault
My firewall/virus interfering with connection fault

>>:-(
Then I get through to a chap who asks when the fault was reported I tell him the 7th he says there is NO reported fault listed  >>:-( >>:-( It will take between 4 to 15 working days to clear the problem ? I am told,  >>:-(
My brother is a BT chap (quite high up) and he said that because virgin don't own the system they have to pay BT to check it and that is where the problem come in.
Virgin say that their NEW equipment is state of the art and I will benefit from its use?  >>:-( as if...

Any one else out there with virgin? or if you are thinking of going to them

DONT their customer service and help desks are dog-do

R

das boot

Re: Virgin service ??????
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:16 pm »

Do we take it then that you are not impressed with Virgin?

Rich

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:14:22 pm »

Sorry to here about your service , I have been with them for over 3 years and no Complaints.. Even more so Now we have Sky 1 back on Virgin... :-))

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:38:25 pm »

hi there i am with virgin. One question to you were does BT come in to it. Virgin use fiber optics and not the bt phone system as far as know thats why the are fast.

john

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:54 am »

I can't comment on their fancy cable / fibre optic stuff, as we haven't got it near us. However, as far as their 'standard' copper wire 8MB ADSL Max service goes, I left when the daily evening speed drop (6.00pm) took me down to a 36k connection. My dial-up modem was faster.

When you got through to their so-called support, they were indeed dog-do. Told me it was my equipment, that it was my browser cache that was causing it etc, etc. Usual dork somewhere on the other side of the world reading from a list, probably. One person actually told me that I had complained too much about the problem. Yikes! Eventually, one supervisor phoned back, apologised, admitted that it was a problem at their end, and said that I'd be better on a fixed speed service - at the same price.

So I left and moved to ADSL24. Speeds are up to their previous highs of 4-5MB, and only drop after 10pm, but usually no lower than 2-3MB. When you phone them, you get a real person in the UK who can actually do something for you.

I had the last laugh in Virgin when they cocked up my final DD payment, that they shouldn't have taken. I found an 0800 number for them and after being bounced around a few operators, got things sorted - it took over an hour on the phone but at least I didn't pay for the privilege!

Andy
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

BJ

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 10:09:46 am »

Do we take it then that you are not impressed with Virgin?

Rich

Their Customer Service is the pits. You cannot reach them easily unless you phone 0845........
In the last 6 months the particular server that "supplies" me has had two MAJOR failures, one lasting nearly 3 days, the other just over a day.
I must admit I am beginning to think about leaving. I am lucky to get 5Mbps on my 8Mbps line. My next door neighbour gets SIX Mbps - that does not make sense.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 07:48:13 pm »

5Mbps  eee luxury

Doug (on an upto 8Mbps service never seen more than 4.9 currently 1.7) >>:-(
Don't Assume Check

andygh

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:27 pm »

NTL, now Virgin used to have their call centre literally 5 minutes walk away from my house, every time I phoned customer service they asked for my postcode and then asked me which town i was in  %%. Their customer service is useless but the broadband service is very good (when it's working obviously) I have had 2 faults in 8 years, both were wrongly diagnosed though to be fair they were fixed within a week. Overall I'm 95% happy with their connection.
Their cable TV service is reasonable, it's years behind Sky's but I'll never let Murdoch get his hooks into me  <*<

catengineman

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:32:03 pm »

Spent yet another day without my virgin BB and even 4 hours without the phone?
BT supply the line
I live in a bit of a out of town area though the new estate just to the back of me has F/optic I do not so I have to have a cable carrier to send the BB down and as virgin dont do cable BT has to supply that and that is working great (apart from the few hours today)

I spoke to dork number eight and he said that due to the new ADSL2 system there was now a back log of work and repairs but I will have to wait my turn for the engineer to get to my fault which is changing  %%
so still on my mobile connection and now that is the new stick its even faster than my old BB speeds any way.
so I may get the spanner a stick and blow the BB out alltogether, then as the mobile will skype I may even dump the BT phone.

R no BB and sick of virgin's

Ron1

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:24 pm »

Nothing wrong with mine, cable, down load 100mbps  ;) ;) {-) always good service.

offshore1987

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 11:47:52 pm »

We have virgin net and its poo..............

Stupid thing just stops working then starts again n over n over  >>:-(

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 12:16:19 am »

When i first decided on BB evry man and his dog was willing to connect me but as soon as they did a check to se if it was possible they all backed off ,the only company that was able was and still is B T . 100 yards away from me at he back is a high speed internet line capable of 7.5+ meg ,gig  or what ever it is ,i know that cos a friend near me was on it . But my line is about 50 years old and even though the exchange is only 2 miles away it takes the scenic route ,about 20 miles ,down the river ,canal round the back of the industrial est and wherever else . i am sure i get a faster speed when the tide is in .
From 56k on dial up to at first 75k BB and at one time i was down to 2k but B T sorted it and now i avarage 100k , still far short of the 3,000k + they promised .
Oh and i still cant get another provider to connect me.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

garston1

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 12:36:46 am »

I used to be with NTL and have since followed on to Virgin. It's been on the whole very good apart from the usual customer services in Delhi. I have though threatened to leave a couple of times, and after phoning up and telling them this they have asked me what would it take to make me stay? So now i have free local and national calls 24hrs 7 days a week, also free itemised billing and other stuff that i can't think of right now. It's worth a go.

The long Build

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 12:39:00 am »

ok just done a speed test thing

17822 kb/s Download
730 kb/s upload.

Is this good / bad or what ??

catengineman

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 02:47:42 pm »

I am supposed to get the free phone call thingy   you know talk for an 59 mins hang up talk for another 59 mins so on so forth well so far the phone bill has been different every month even though it is supposedly on a fixed price (unless we use non geographical numbers yarda yarda) Oh and in that the 0840 0844 0845 08?? (that gets a 25 pence connection charge and then costs per min) etc etc guess what their numbers start with.

Been on the phone to say I am leaving  :} reply was OK then they hung up!!!  <*< >>:-(

R,

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 04:30:35 pm »

I have been with NTL/Virgin for years and find their service very very good.

Maybe it as something to do with the fact I know they local service engineer  {-) {-) {-)

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

The long Build

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 05:39:57 pm »

I am supposed to get the free phone call thingy   you know talk for an 59 mins hang up talk for another 59 mins so on so forth well so far the phone bill has been different every month even though it is supposedly on a fixed price (unless we use non geographical numbers yarda yarda) Oh and in that the 0840 0844 0845 08?? (that gets a 25 pence connection charge and then costs per min) etc etc guess what their numbers start with.

Been on the phone to say I am leaving  :} reply was OK then they hung up!!!  <*< >>:-(

R,

Thought if you have a Virgin  line you can use 150 for free.

catengineman

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 07:42:05 pm »

To report a fault on a virgin (wired) package you have to ring the 0844 454 1111 or 2222 then go for option 1 or 4 or wait or just get redirected while you listen to drivel.

now get this virgin will answer 01256 752000 straight away and its a human ! they ask what the fault is where the phone system is then what it is used for thats where they say sorry domestic phones and BB are different and say ring 0845 yada yada

Oh well I got S888 service and virgin are loosing my custom including the mobile and the home phone and I will voice my feelings to any one who cares to listen (virgin dont)

rant sort of over I now await a MAC so I can instruct yet another isp to supply me with BB.

R,

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 09:40:10 pm »

Have you tried the 'say no to 0870' website for alternative numbers? That's where I got the freephone number from.

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 01:11:46 am »

... Hi Guys...

We have been with NTL now Virgin for several years... They are the only Broadband supplier in our district...The service was OK at first...

Since Virgin took over the business it has gone right down hill...

We now have the cheapest Broadband/Phone Package that thery can give us  & still we get bills of over £100. per month...When we ask how this is they tell us that its due to unpaid bills that are outstanding... We pay by Direct Debit from the Bank so our Bill is lways Paid on Time...We keep telling them that its not our bill but they demand payment before they will sort it out...Usually we end up disconnected again for not paying someone elses bill...
We get the same SH*t from Virgin Month after Month after Month...

We have been charged for On-Demand Services whilst we were on holiday & there was Nobody in the house for 2 weeks...

Half the time you are speaking to someone who cant understand my Scottish Accent & I cant understand their Indian Accent...

AS for their bills...You couldn,t follow a Virgin Bill with the Best Hunt in Britain led by a Philidelphia Lawyer...The Bills are a CON...

AS soon as I can find another supplier in our area I am going to tell Virgin to Ram Their Services up Their 4r*e, But they will probably get it wrong again & stick it up someone elses 4r8e...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

bigfella

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 04:26:27 am »

If you "cannot help yourself" then I can and will help you...coarse comment deleted. This is a family site. Moderator.

But Virgin is a small player in Australian Telecommunication. They are one of many that are trying to tackle the giant Telstra which until recently was the government owned monopoly. Telstra own the lines and lease them to other networks. We do not have fibre optic yet so we have very slow broadband compaired to other countries. The speed is fast enough for what the average person requires like myself.

Regards David

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:33:38 am »

Hope I am not going to get Catengineman's package. Phone went yesterday afternoon, when I answered it a lady launched into a high speed speech in an Indian accent so strong I thought I was back on the Bombay run  ;) By the time my brain started to get into tune with her torrent I missed who she was actually reperesenting but realised it was something to do with phones/broadband, also I will be receiving some gizmo through the post and my phone bills will magically be cut by vast amounts and my broadband speed increase. Each high speed short sentence was ended with an interrogative 'right ?' in a school mistress 'hope you are getting this as there will be questions later' tone ! When I managed to butt in and asked if there will be printed instructions coming with this 'thing' as I have not a cat in hell's chance of remembering what she had been saying there was a short pregnant pause then the line went dead !
I will be going online with a little trepidation for a while in case I have been touched by Virgin.  :embarrassed: Who knows it may have been somebody else cold calling, has anyone else received a similar call recently, was it Virgin ?

Mike

catengineman

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 01:33:14 pm »

***Moderated*** virgin RANG ME this morning  %%

A nice |ENGLISH| girly spoke to me and asked some questions to make sure I was me and she was talking to me?

I get my months internet charge refunded, I get the phone calls to the 0845 numbers refunded, I get told that I am a valued customer and they *virgin media national* do not want to loose me. and the fault has now been traced to (cable and wireless) and that is now where the fault is! but BT and C&W are both in on the job repairing the outage.

I have been asked to wait a further 24 hours ? Oh and reboot the router every 2 hours?

Told the nice lady I will be leaving virgin no matter what and I request the MAC so that I can pass that to a new ISP that I find.
Asked as to why my bill has never been the same since the start and she said it was for TV services?
MY package does NOT HAVE TV co's I dont have fiber optic phone line, "yes thats true and it will be removed" its not on the package so how can it be removed?

Again told her that is why I am leaving because virgin just dont know what they are doing (should have stuck to selling records) "pardon" was the reply. Hey Ho life goes on without BB but the spanner is not best pleased as she will not have her internet shopping when I take this laptop to work  ;)

R       (almost breaking into a smile ------- almost but not quite)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:54 pm »

After reading the title of your posting, ***Moderated*** %)  %)

Barry M

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 12:38:09 am »

After reading the title of your posting, *** %)  %)

Barry M

Barry's so right, and we either all missed it or (like me) we were too polite to mention it. Alright, I missed it too!  :}
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.