Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

When not scractchbuilding boats i am trying model helicopters

(1/4) > >>

JGSenior:
I bought a small model helicopter and almost wish I hadn't.

One slip and its a crash, probably an expensive one !

Boats are far more forgiving, and the worst that could happen is that they could sink ( Not so far thank goodness )

Be warned, stick to boats! I will in future.

I hoped that one day it would be possible to fly it off one of my boats...now I know why you don't see much of that.

Again...be warned !

Regards to all boat enthusiasts,

John Richardson

jumpin_jack:
Im glad to see that I am not the only one that fell for the helicopter bug, got it running on the deck in the back garden but never had the balls to get it in the air.
Everytime I felt I was ready to take off, I had my concience and wallet giving me grief.... So I Sold It on ebay....Oh thank crunchey for ebay.
now back to model boats :D

chromedome:
Have a look at....extreme RC videos....!!!

chromedome

J.beazley:
i had the same idea about flying a copter onto and off a model boat........... big mistake ::)

got a walkera 22ez off trusty old ebay 30 minutes learning the controls i thought i would give it a bash at getting airborn.........

2 seconds later up, up, backwards, BANG THUD crashed it!!!!!!! oh well only 80 something squid down the pan.
still it will only cost £20 to fix so thats a bonus.

stick to boats there easier to control and less hassle.

grasshopper:
Flying a helicopter - piece of cake ! bought a 'hummingbird' great result, round the garden at head height, circuits the lot, all within an hour!

Hovering at low level, landings ?......alright they weren't so good - the wife went absolutely dippy - the roses never looked so sad, all those stalks,petals everywhere.
More like the Texas chainsaw massacre.

I won't sell mine (I don't sell anything) you never know when you might need it.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version