Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when you answer a Nigerian scam email?  (Read 3057 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
What happens when you answer a Nigerian scam email?
« on: November 22, 2008, 02:34:02 pm »

Hilarious account from somebody on the Times who responded to one of the Nigerian scam emails pretending to be interested.

http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/thespamreport/0,39025001,10002928,00.htm?r=1

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What happens when you answer a Nigerian scam email?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:44:51 pm »

good read. How thick are these scamers A bank that use yahoo email.mmm

john

craftysod

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:49:58 pm »

Nice to see someone had replied,and to find out how far these people will go,to claim your money

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:51:42 pm »

Thats a pretty mild one. Plenty more work of the scam baiters on 419eaters.

Heres one http://www.419eater.com/html/abu_moses.htm

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:58:59 pm »

Good read!

I did similar recently to an ebay idiot that sold a laptop without the  main  battery and said the sale stated "no accessories included."
I sent email after email to this guy pointing out the error of his ways but he wouldn't have it.
In the end, one email to Paypal brought a full and very swift refund!

On BBC 'Click' they say; "the scammers need to send 12.5 million emails before someone takes the bait. 350 Million emails will earn
 about $100 a day!"
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_4970000/newsid_4977500/4977542.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wbeedie

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:22:42 pm »

Hagar

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:23:32 pm »

In the last month I have won €1,000,000 at least five times. All on  lottery drawn from e-mail adresse.

All I had to do to claim my prise was to send copies of my passport and driving licence for proof of identity, the name and account number of my bank, plus my postal adresse.
I have also won the dutch lottery! Funny that the mails for that come from Italy.

I did reply to one of them, saying that I dont have a bank account, so just send the cash.
"sorry we cant do that, we can onlt send to an account to deposit the funds into"
My reply to that was along the lines of I know my rights and the law, and If I have won, and dont have a bank account, you must send me a cheque, validated by bank

Next mail was a bit stropy, and asked me if I was some kind of smart ar%e

No I am a police officer in cyber crime, came my reply to that.....

Never did hear from him again.

Did get one from a guy pertaining to be a teacher in a school in Africa, that needed help in getting his money out of the land.

I just corrected the spelling and sent it back, suggesting that if h where to leave the country, he should seriously consider any other job apart from teacher....

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »

If you have 15 min or so to read through this marathon exchange it have you if fits of laughter... http://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 09:24:20 pm »

I nearly choked on that. Priceless. And the squirrel chomping up the artwork!!!!!! Superb!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:57 pm »

{-) {-) {-) Brilliant! 

"The rodent died from stuffmefatgutzwivwud, which in laymen's terms means it was poisoned by ingesting too much of the wood"

"in fact the rodent was an African Tree squirrel (Helioscirurus sp.) and could only have come from your part of the world, unless of course it had escaped from a local zoo, which I find very unlikely as we have no motorbikes in the city/"

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

garston1

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 12:11:24 am »

If you have 15 min or so to read through this marathon exchange it have you if fits of laughter... http://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm
What a great mind that feller's got. It must have been great fun, and tremendous satisfaction must be gained by scamming scammers

Damien

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 02:22:04 am »

8 months what extreme patience the scammer scammer has ! just shows how thick these scammers are but they must have learned some skills along lifes trails to try these scams.
D.

garston1

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:37:06 pm »

I've just had one from the FBI in conjunction with the anti fraud unit in Nigeria would you believe, ( would they have enough cops? ). It seems that I've been doing naughty dealings with some scammers, terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering to name a few. I mean i don't even know how to use a hoover never mind a washing machine. If found guilty it could mean life in prison. It's a good job i kept all the receipts to all chrizzy prezzies i bought. Does anyone know what the model boating lakes are like in Nigerian Nicks? Will I get Christmas dinner? Will Morecambe and wise be on Nigerian telly on Christmas day? Do they have Christmas day? By the way I'm also having all my emails monitored so i might not get to the end of this email before they come fo...........  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.