Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art in it's most beautiful form  (Read 5276 times)

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
Re: Art in it's most beautiful form
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 11:36:09 pm »

Re  comments., about suppressing individualism, and demanding total dedication and commiment, there are other video,s on You Tube that feature some of these girls dancing as individuals, yes the dances that they are doing are many ,many years old and probably have,nt changed for 100,s of years, to perform them takes takes great skill, but that is the art of that particular piece.  Morris dancing , Clog dancing, all in their own way are an art form, and mean just as much to whatever culture in their own way. As for Dedication and Commitment, surely to be the best in The Arts, Commerce, Sport, Music, or even Model Boat Building, dedication and commitment, are statuary requirements, as for being directed, trainers, managers, world leaders are all directors in their own way, these people and there are men on there, are not forced into doing this surely they have made an indidual choice to be part of that group.
No offence meant to anyone.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 02:55:16 am »

how do you define beauty anyhow?

As someone famous once said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  :-)

Peter.

Roger in France

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 06:17:02 am »

Bosun, Peter,

I entirely accept what you say about training, commitment, volunteering etc. And, no, I do not take offence at anyone having a different perspective to me.

If you look at my comments carefully I was saying that for me this act epitomises the regimentation one hears about China. That comment neither detracts from the skill displayed nor argues for unfettered individualism.

Just as others have said they found the performance beautiful, amazing, calming etc. I found it made me think all those things and more.

I could equally have said that I found England's performance at Rugby yesterday as chaotic as I observe the nation to be at the moment!

Not trying to stir it, of course!

Roger in France

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:02 am »

Hy Roger
It seems that we do both agree on the beauty ect of the video, maybe we see things from a little different perspective as I have been  a pro musician for many years, and know the commitment that is needed to reach, just a competent standard.
Now, re, the England Game, if beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, and as I am a proud Welshman, :-))  the England v South Africa game was a Beautifull thing to watch %).
As for Wales, we can beat any country in the world over 40 mins, we just have to learn to play for 80.
Bosun :-))
bosunsmodelboats.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.