Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRE DATE WARNING !!!  (Read 3439 times)

GARY C

UK DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRE DATE WARNING !!!
« on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:19 am »

Hi to all with a UK photo card type driving licence. WARNING. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please be aware and check your photo card piece of your licence as it only has a valid time of 10 years, :police: yet your paper section will state that you are registered up to your 70th birthday.
After the 10 years you have to renew your licence at a cost of £17.50  <:( <:( <:(

If you look at your photo card with the side of your photo and look at  4a.  This is the date of issue,  then 4b, is date of expire.
If you were one of the first people to have this type of licence issued to you in 1998, then been warned as it is soon to expire and there could be a fine of £1000  <*< <:( <*< :police: if not renewed after 2years.

note, dates will be different if you hold a HGV licence and are over 45, due to 5 year medical check ups.

I have checked my own licence and found out it runs out next year. yet another D.V.L.A.  RIPP OFF. Please check your licence to see if you are due to renew.

Drive safely,  Gary.  :-)) 

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: UK DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRE DATE WARNING !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:57:13 am »

I would have thought that the D.V.L.A would have sent out reminders  but from my experience probably not  :(( .
One thing i would like to know is , if you are stopped by the  :police: would an expired photo licence card come up on their system (if it's over two years old)  and could they do you for it  {:-{ .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

GARY C

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:20:03 pm »

I don,t know if the police would do you for driving without a valid licence, but it  would flag up on D.V.L.A. database and like most things from them - the fine is sent in the post.  <:(
I was not aware of this expiry date, only came to light when my employer sent round a memo/e-mail to warn us all, I thought it lasted untill  I am 70. You need  glasses to read the small print of numbers on the card but easy to read the dates on the paper piece which states my 70th birthday.

Gary.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 08:04:00 pm »

I still have the old green paper licence... the one without a photo, is it still valid?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

craftysod

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:09:30 pm »

I think yes Martin,unless you move house,add a category it is still proof you can drive

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:27:45 pm »

Your driving licence does not expire until you reach the age of 70.

The 'expiry' date on the photocard licence is the expiry date for the picture.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/DG_068315

Your ugly mug has no doubt changed over 10 years as you get older and the DVLA want to remind you of that..   {:-{

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:31:49 pm »

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the warning.
I would assume the ten year photo card is to keep the photo looking something like we did at the time. In my case I look at least ten years younger.  :-)) 

Toes posted while I was typing Sorry.

Ron1

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:45:32 pm »

I have just changed my licence to the new photo one, it did not cost anything, but only lasts 3 years after your 70.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 10:56:18 pm »

it did not cost anything, but only lasts 3 years after your 70.

Is that an actuarial assessment?  :o

Ron1

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 11:53:38 pm »

No, thats what it says on my new card.

BJ

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 02:56:57 pm »

I still have the old green paper licence... the one without a photo, is it still valid?

Yes it is! Mine has been washed but still legible. Hope you have a biometric or "chipped" passport - a major reason for passport renewals was "Lost by the DVLA". A least with the new ones they can crosslink agencies to verify your mugshot.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 05:19:41 pm »

Thank you for the information, I have just checked my photo licence, it runs out in March 2010, I had not even checked the date prior to reading this topic.
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.