Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What scale? and other Q's................  (Read 1660 times)

RODDERS

What scale? and other Q's................
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:23:14 pm »

Hi All
   Been looking at a site (mobile marine models) in the traders section,that sell sets of lights (for my tug) . But Im not sure what scale my tug is,therefore I cant ascertain whether the lights will look roughly the right size . Im not after a perfect tug scale replica,just dont want them to look out of place! My SUN XX1 tug is 34" long  . The plans havent got a scale . Can anyone advise /help me with the choice of lights? Is MMM's stuff ok?

barryfoote

Re: What scale? and other Q's................
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:18:44 pm »

Hi Rodders,

MMM's stuff is very good indeed. Plenty of guys on the forum have built their kits or used them as a template for great models. I would say that you will have no problems with their stuff on your Sun tug.

Barry

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:49 pm »

I would say that your tug is probably 1:36th scale as the original was 107 feet long. Are you sure your tug isn't nearer 35.5 inches long - that is the length of the Lesro model?

Colin

RODDERS

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »

Its scratch built from the P Connoly plan. Just checked ,its actually 35 1/4" long . Blimey ,I never thought an inch would matter so much...........lol!...................  Said the actress to the bishop..............!!
     So their stuff would be a rough scale size then? It certainly looks nice stuff . Prices seem OK too! Any thoughts appreciated!
     Regards Rod

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:33 am »

Go for it and see some of my photos of Lady T based on one of MMM's hulls with some of their fittings..

RODDERS

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:05 pm »

I cant look ,m-u-s-t...r-e-s-i-s-t! Youre putting my skills to shame!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.