Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS MANXMAN  (Read 2309 times)

ivorthediver

HMS MANXMAN
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:14:32 pm »

Can any of you learned modelers help me with information on where I can lay my hands on a "Steam Turbine" sound generator for my latest model please.
I asked around at the Warwick show but did not meet with much success sadly

Having taken so much time and trouble with my return to modeling I think it a shame to resort to a diesel noise in this model
or am I the only one with a steam turbine powered warship

I was very impressed with the display at Warwick but not confident or brave enough to show my ignorance .

farrow

Re: HMS MANXMAN
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 10:40:47 pm »

What do you want a noise generator for a silent piece of machinery, like steam recip there is no noise audible outside of the engine room, if you do hear anything it sounds llike a humming noise.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:26:20 am »

Ivor
Model Solutions of Canada do a very expensive piece of kit called SFX5, and their sound library includes a Parsons Steam Turbine. If you want to part with the thick end of a hundred and twenty quid then go for it. You can fit up to four other sounds on it, too. The alternatives are even more expensive!
Having said that, I'm inclined towards the sentiments of rmasmaster.
Why not save yourself a few bob and buy another ACTion whistle instead?  ok2
FLJ

ivorthediver

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:23:01 pm »

I knew I could rely on your sagged wisdom to solve ..what I saw as a short fall of my model....with your learned advice :-))

Surly you can't fault me for asking the question as you can bet one day whilst enjoying my cruse around the lake some smart Alec well say"If i had built that I would have fitted a STEAM TURBINE GENERATOR sound generator.......some guy in a leather jacket is flogging them for a fiver on EBAY"

Get my drift.......but yes you are right.......  thank you both for your advice I shall watch the steam vapour coming out of the three funnels and hum quietly to myself

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 10:07:37 pm »

Never mind my sagging bits.......check your E-mail, 'cos I've sent you a prezzie  :-))
FLJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.