The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Submarines

Wanted Vanguard hull

(1/3) > >>

Turbulent:
I'm after a Vanguard Hull, OTW, etc, anything considered, not bothered about the innards cash waiting if someone has an unstarted project etc!

ajg141:
Sent you a pm

Andrew

Turbulent:
Cheers all who sent me messages about "Churchill", & I've sent him a pm, I've also sent you my details Andrew.

I have a Sheerlkine Trafalgar that could become part of a deal, my son's on V boats, hence the reason for building one.

Subculture:
Dave Merriman did an upgrade to the original kit, which corrected a few of the errors (which were minor). Much nicer hydrovanes with correct end profiles and faired into the hull, and a corrected conning tower- the kit original is too tall. Dave's tower is really a lovely piece- a model within itself.

As your son is on the boat, you'll probably be able to get some first hand information on the propulsors fitted to these boats. From what I gather, neither Dave's or Propshops are correct, however the latter produces decent thrust.

Circlip:
It may seem petty Turbulent, but you would be better using the propulsor supplied with the kit, super scale in this area ain'nt going to gain much and it also saves your lad being on a "Fizzer", it's still part of the O S A.
  From someone whose 2 sons have both served on your Avatar and one of whom has just given back his Bomber.
  I mention this not from the "I'll tell on you" point, but recently one member of this forum had to retract sensitive "Works" pictures. The V-bombers may be old technology, but some bits are still secret? ?
  Regards  Ian.

PS.  "Extra" hull details are easily visible from the shore, but the go bits aren't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version