Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quiet airbrush compressor  (Read 2821 times)

timg

• Full Mayhemer
quiet airbrush compressor
« on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:37 pm »

hi all
has anyone had any experienced of one of the cheaper compressors off ebay , i have a aztek a4709 set but no details of compatable compressors
any recommend most welcome
cheers spud

bigfella

Re: quiet airbrush compressor
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:44:33 am »

Hi Spud

I bought a compressor of Ebay here in Australia. It is very quiet that you can use it indoors and not disturb anyone. Not sure if they are available on UK Ebay but in another post in this section someone posted this link to a company in the UK who sells the same type. I will give a link below. It is the second one on the page, you will need it to have a tank so that you get an even flow and this one has the tank. Hope this helps.

http://www.rgdtools.co.uk/acatalog/COMPRESSORS.html

ADDED: and this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-PISTON-TYPE-AIR-COMPRESSOR-WITH-TANK-FOR-AIRBRUSH_W0QQitemZ260306263867QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260306263867&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Regards David

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:22:22 am »

Hy Spud
I bought the compressor that Bigfella is talking about from RQD tools, it was delivered last week and within two 24 hours of ordering. I have,nt tried it out as yet (hoipefully do a bit today) but I have had it running and it is very quiet and seems to be well made, I did,nt get the tank with it as I never gave that a thought, but will see how it goes and will let you know if I needed it or not after I have tried it out later.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:39 pm »

I have the RDG AS18 compressor - no tank. I wouldn't call it quiet, but its not outrageous. I use it in my shed not the house.
For the amount of use I give it per model I haven't noticed the absence of a tank. What I have noticed is that the filter/water separator doesn't stop all the moisture getting through to the brush. Although there are drops of water inside the trap, they dont collect at the bottom where they could be drained. I guess with a tank they may collect in the tank.

Barrie

PS If your going to Leamingtom Mantua Models usually have a selection of compressors.

pobolycwm

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:55 pm »

when airbrushing trains i just use an innertube from a truck and mount the airbrush onto that, when it gets low i just dig the footpump out and insert more air

timg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:49:06 pm »

hi all
Ive picked up a compresser of an old fridge this week so i will give it a try ,not sure if i will need a air filter
a few test runs are needed before i go near any models
will post results
spud
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.