Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bodgers Class Build - Louis Heloise  (Read 62147 times)

Greggy1964

Re: Bodgers Class Build - Louis Heloise
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2010, 07:54:43 am »

Excellent job TT

She's comming on just great :-))

And some inspiring photos from JMB too O0

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2010, 03:12:25 pm »

Thx
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

jenkins

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »

Hello all,

TT this looks great so much detail, I am very glad that you are posting it all on here. I am currently working on a deans marine kit of hms bulldog but would like to scratch build Louis Heloise as my next project and first yacht.

Due to space I am thinking of doing it on a 1:20 scale rather than the 1:10 of the plans what problems would there be with the with doing so? I would assume that the performance will be not as good in high winds and all the wood would need to be thinner. Is that correct?

Are plans are the ones from marine modeling international as http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/mar2431.html , I have contacted marine modeling international to see if by chance they have the back issues for that far back. I would like to see all their pictures but I don't expect they keep them for that long.

I look forward to see the progress.

dave301bounty

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »

T T . Well done for showing us your Build of this lovely craft .As you know ,I have been attempting the build ,but alas ,I am a coward ,thought i had it made when i thought i had a bargain in buying a hull ,ready made ,may/be it was ,but i could not make head nor tail ,mostly because i  am no joiner ,and i could,nt get my head around the french instructions even thoughi have the previous magazine from some years ago ,this explained a lot ,.but now i have put it in a box ,the original box it came in ,everything is put out of site before i do any more damage ..Just need some on to take it away ,do the hull and hard parts ,and then i can carry on .Shame i am no joiner as You have made a really good looker .. now i am open for ANY suggestions ,this kit ,i am led to believe ,is a limited edition ,so i must hang on ...

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2010, 07:45:29 am »

Hi Jenkins

Yep same plans

Hi Dave
I am no joiner either. It really is a bodge job.

BTW Building still on hold. I am in Thailand until September, and then I am possibly moving house again when I get home to China.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2018, 02:55:56 am »

As someone else has referred to this thready, I thought it deserved a quick update.

Since I began this model I have gone through 5 house moves (7 relocations) needing things to be put on hold.
Where I live now, I do not have easy access to water. With a boat this size and weight I would need to get to the water's edge. Unfortunately the local government have a habit of walling in watercourses with 2-3 meter walls. I can lift in smaller boats, but nothing heavy. The model is also too big to sit on the window ledge as decoration.

Therefore, reluctantly, this build is on permanent hold.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.