Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elderly modelers back from retirement  (Read 1412 times)

ivorthediver

Elderly modelers back from retirement
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:41:52 am »

Good morning fellow modelers
Please don't reach for a bin liner to throw up in,...but I would like to go public with my thanks to a fellow modeler

I have been resurrected from the "scrape" bin to rejoin a hobby I had to leave once my kids cam on the science in 1974 as I could not justify taking my planes home in "KIT " form from waterbeach airfield

I am now finishing off my first model boat HMS MANXMAN which has given me a tremendous amount of pleasure to get back into model making and the mind set of" Where did I put that " and other stronger phrases

In the midst of this I have had the pleasure of meeting several individuals who have been ...both patient...understanding......
very kind and it has reaffirmed my belief that modeling attracts a great bunch of people.

I would not embarrass him normally but Dave at ACTION ELECTRONICS has been an absolute genius and friend with his help
and bottom less pit of knowledge which he delivers with both wit and kindness.......WELL Done you have restored my faith in the humane race :-))

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Elderly modelers back from retirement
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:23:58 am »

Welcome back to modelling Ivor.

And welcome to Mayhem

I am sure you have a wealth of experience you can share with us young uns.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

das boot

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:09:46 am »

Welcome back Ivor...I came back to the hobby after an (almost) ten year break, and I'm enjoying it as much now, if not more, than I did back then.

Enjoy...  ok2

Rich

ivorthediver

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:01 am »

Thank you  all for the flattery,  of which I am sure is not deserving of me.....but thank you anyway :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.