Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: French destroyer Surcouf D621  (Read 3370 times)

Allan in NY

French destroyer Surcouf D621
« on: November 28, 2008, 07:42:23 pm »

HI:
Looking for a manufacturer that make the HULL of the  French destroyer Surcouf
in 1/96 or 1/100 scale. any replies will be appreciated. Allan in NY

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: French destroyer Surcouf D621
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:08:03 pm »

Allan,

See here:http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/New-Maquettes-model-boats.htm

If you want drawings of the ship see here:
http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/Plans/planbato.php?id=109

I also have a couple of transparencies of the Surcouf when she visired Birkenhead c.1964 just before she was lost.

Regards,

LB

Allan in NY

Re: French destroyer Surcouf D621
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 06:04:44 pm »

HI LB:
Thanks for the info, I will have to go through these very carefully to compair with my notes.
I have the complete 1/100 scale model of the Surcouf that I purchased about 10 years ago
with all the scratched parts. I was able to also purchase the plans in 1/100 scale from a French firm. This model that I purchased for about US20.00 is in bad need of repair where everything
was badly damaged/broken/cracked from age, you name it. I made my own Hull many years ago of another ship, making the planked on hull, then mold, then finnished hull. Too much of a mess if you have evern been their. I did purchase a 1/100 scale of the hms darling(?) that looks like the Surcouf except for the stern which is completely different and has plattings on the surfact of the hull which the Surcouf didn't have. Looking to make my life a bit easier before I start rebuilding it. thanks for your help. Allan in NY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.