Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEAPORT TUG SAYS "HI" FROM NEW ZEALAND!  (Read 13730 times)

KWAKNZ

Re: SEAPORT TUG SAYS "HI" FROM NEW ZEALAND!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 05:27:11 am »

Well......... Sad to say that the Seaport Tug Says "Bye" From New Zealand now!  <:(

It departed from air yesterday and entered the water world!

Ok.... I got it completed, well the mechanics of it sorted and going 2 weeks ago. Changed the radio gear, ESC, Battery, Servo etc and repainted it in temp colours before I was going to buy a second one and repaint both the same colour scheme. I took out the water nozzle squirter on this one and wanted the next one to have that. Anyways, Was at the local christ church model yacht club http://www.christchurchmodelyachting.org.nz/ lake Victoria in Christchurch cities botanical gardens. Had just placed it in and started to move away from the dock, when it started to lean to one side, I thought it may have been the battery. So bought it back to the dock and adjusted that, sent it back out. Got out into the middle which is a good  8 metres from the side and 2 metres deep, it got a big lean on and rolled onto its side. Not long after it was slowly disappearing into the duck poo ridden green/brown water. Then the bubbles of doom appeared! She went down within 2minutes. I asked the guy there, he said that it will eventually move its way down the lake to the end, this could take a couple of days as there is a current running that way! So...... Fingers crossed it will be there when I get there and no other "xxxxx" takes it! I have been looking at other tugs, the kitset side, this was my first boat and enjoyed working on something that wasn't hard at all! I'm not that crafty and dont want to build a hull from wood, would purchase a completed one tho... or use ABS one. Suggestions

KWAKNZ

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 11:08:27 am »

Just some pics

steve pickstock

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 11:22:26 am »

Did you recover your boat?

KWAKNZ

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 10:12:49 am »

Did you recover your boat?

Nope, hasnt been seen! So will look at buying another boat sometime towards the end of the year. I change my focus back to Nitro and Scale 4x4 trucks lol! Kinda scared about pumping $$ into something and then see it disappear! But know for next time to add more float's!

KWAKNZ

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 09:03:02 am »

I GOT IT BACK! %% The tug is alive again! For people who don't know, Christchurch, New Zealand had a earthquake on Sept 4, this created huge damage around the city including the model Lake. This ended up being a good thing for me, as the lake cracked the clay base and my tug was sitting there in the middle of the biggest scale dry dock around!  :-)) I got it home yesterday and had a wee look around it, but tonight decided to try a different receiver in it and it didnt work, so changed the servo and BANG, it went! So will get a new servo tomorrow and then some sand paper and re-paint it and add some foam to keep it a float this time! but wow! didnt think I would ever see it again.

50mm

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 10:42:57 am »

haha you clearly have a horse shoe up your ass then! wish i could recover my twin 4 stroke that is now somewhere out in the pacific by now!

retiredCSPD

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 05:18:05 am »

haha you clearly have a horse shoe up your "xxxxx" then! wish i could recover my twin 4 stroke that is now somewhere out in the pacific by now!

Hey Marty it is very important that you contact me as soon as possible regards Copyright infringement. Please contact me through my email as soon as possible. You need not respond to this posting, just contact me at manross@martysrcboats.com Apologies to the moderator regards this posting. http://www.martysrcboats.com/ Martin Manross

MichaelK

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:09 am »

Hi KWAKNZ,
Keep that boat!!!!!!! :-)
If it survives an earthquake, it should survive anything that you can throw at it. O0 O0
But saying that, was it a bit top-heavy? {:-{ or maybe needs abit of lead to bring her down to the waterline. {:-{
Mick

KWAKNZ

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 04:49:30 am »

Hey,

Yeah was a little top-heavy, it did sit at water level but would sway and didnt have any floation if it got water inside. Have fixed this by adding a foam/rubber garden mat, have tested it and it keeps it well afloat when full of water. have sanded it back and primered it all, and just down the 1st coat. Had to track down some new screws and decided to paint it similar to the local port tug. "Blackadder"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.