Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhemmers and their Pets  (Read 17838 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Mayhemmers and their Pets
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02:59 am »

One postman a day Peter. In fact he only has one bowl of dried food per day.

Just doesn't seem to want to stop growing. %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 08:28:48 am »

Richard, it's strange that many big dogs don't eat as much, relative to their size, as small dogs do. Mind you, it all depends on the size of the bowl  O0

You could always make a cart up for him to pull you around in.  ok2

Peter.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 08:32:11 am »

Only a small bowl Peter and as for your suggestion, no thanks I'm not into extreme sports. ok2

rsm

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 11:22:03 pm »

This is Elwood one of my dwarf Hamsters.

Roger.

garston1

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2009, 11:25:23 pm »

What a great Pic !

Patternmaker

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2009, 10:19:50 am »

Ritchard, Duke is gorgeous and obviously well looked after, we took in an abandoned German Sheppard years ago left in a garage to starve, I got into trouble with the law for sorting out the bloke that left her there. Sapphire lived to the ripe old age of 18 They are such gentle dogs.
Picture of her with our Golden Retriever's Sam & Jess now sadly all gone

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2009, 10:27:41 am »

Great picture of great looking dogs patternmaker.  :-))

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 08:44:24 pm »

well, I don't know if members can remember not so long ago, we had our neighbours' cat come to live with us - and this is the cat who decided to use the jigsaw puzzle box as a litter tray - well here she is - lying on a towel in the kitchen - Little Missy's domain.

From now on we are calling this house, the animal rescue house, or - the house for stray cats - 3 weeks ago - a ginger tom arrived at our door - he won't leave!  We have tried to locate the owners through all of the papers, web even the vets and animal rescue people and no-body has claimed him - so he has claimed us!  Ginger...he has also claimed his spot in the dining room sleeping upside down on the Settle - little does he know but he is soon going to see 'Two Bricks' the kind vetenary.  %% %% <*<
The funny thing is though, on a serious note, I don't know if anyone believes in reincarnation - I keep an open mind - but we had Rusty, a ginger cat for 18 years and we lost him just over a year ago....we were all devastated when he went.   We also had Ringo, a tabby cat for 24 years and we lost him 3 months ago .... and I said that is it - NO MORE PETS here...

but.....

we have Little Missy and Ginger and ginger one is the double of our Rusty.  (Even down to the point where he sits in the modelling room where our Rusty used to sit).  Aye funny owld world...

aye
john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Wasyl

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 11:32:40 pm »

Two Cats,mixed breeds one Border/Beardie,collie one Green Iguana,and an abundance of rabbits in the garden,
I was conned with the dog,she was advertised as a pure bred Beardie,when i went to see her, she was 5 months old and looked like a Beardie,she,s now 3 and she looks like this,

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 10:05:56 pm »

Ronnie in his driving glasses, he can have his head out of the window all day now!

Wasyl

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2009, 01:40:21 pm »

There not exactly  pets, but they do come back to my wood shed every year, {-)

Wullie

Roger in France

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »

Great photo, Wasyl, thanks.

May I just remind everyone that in the current high temperatures many of us are experiencing, domestic and wild animals can suffer tremendously from dehydration. After the tragedies we have heard of about animals in cars etc. can we please all be extra vigilant? Please put out as many containers of water as you can, some deep, some very shallow, place them in open places where birds can see all around them, place them under bushes and ledges for shy creatures and keep them refreshed (shallow containers will soon dry out).

Most importantly, keep an eye on elderly relatives, friends and neighbours making sure they drink plenty of liquids (other than or in addition to alcohol !). Mineral intake is important so offer mineral water and vegetable juices but not too much fruit juice.

I make no apology for sounding nannyish. We can each make a difference.

Roger in France

garston1

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:39 pm »

I always leave a tray of water out for the Mother-In-Law under a hedge every night   :-))

Roger in France

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2009, 05:23:05 pm »

Garston1, cruel, cruel but how I laughed !

I have a mother-in-law who is an absolute dragon but I do not know to what dragons are partial, though she hits the brandy bottle and has attempted to chew off my gonads a few times !

Roger in France

omra85

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:00 pm »

You should respect your mother-in-law Roger (don't forget - your wife IS going to turn into her!).
Spoil her with a nice tray of coal and a bowl of paraffin by her back door  O0 {-) {-)

Danny

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2009, 08:19:19 pm »

What are those, Wasyl?

Robert

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2009, 11:17:31 pm »

What are those, Wasyl?

Robert

They look like young swallows.

Peter.

Wasyl

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2009, 12:20:02 am »

As Peter says, young Swalows,that weigh less than 30g when fully fledged,yet they,ll fly 4000 and odd  miles to Africa,and return, next year  to that same wood shed where they were born,and thats without Sat-Nav,The joys of Nature,Their parents arrived on the 3rd of April,They hatched 13 days ago,and they,ll be flying this time next week, then,if the weather is good,their parents might raise a second brood,I,ve lived here for 5 years,and have seen dozens of birds raised in my woodshed,
When the parents are feeding 4 hungry mouths with their sole diet,of Insects,they do so at a rate that beggers belief,I have counted how many visits to the nest when their feeding,on average 300 times an hour,both parents feed their young,their amazing to watch,
Their very inquisitive birds,I just have to leave my house doors open,and their in,Its as if,when they see an open door,they have to check it out,to look for a suitable nesting site,
I used to believe that they returned to the same nest,that they were born in,I don,t think they do,,they do return to the same shed,but each year they make a new nest,or repair an old one,I, have,10 nests in my shed,but only 2  breeding pair,that were last years fledglings,their parents did,nt return,so i must assume they died on route, or fell to predators,
their a joy to my heart,

Wullie 

OMK

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2009, 01:04:51 am »

Some years ago I was fortunate enough to be working on a farmstead where the BBC were making a documentary on Swallows (51 3'28.45"N 2 56'7.50"W).
The crew were telling me that a fair percentage of them never complete their return journey to these shores on account of two reasons: 1) sheer exhaustion, and 2) captured with huge nets when they fly over Italy. Apparently the Italians consider the Swallow as some sort of delicacy.
To think that their tiny wings carry them all that way, just to end up on a dinner plate.

The coordinates, by the way, is Athelney, Somerset... King Arthur territory, where he allegedly burnt the cakes.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2009, 01:21:50 am »

I thought that it was Alfred who burned the cakes?

Wasyl

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2009, 01:24:28 am »

I thought that it was Alfred who burned the cakes?
You,re right it was Alfred,

Wullie

OMK

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2009, 01:37:47 am »

Arthur? Did I say King Arthur?
Yes, chaps, you are both bang on... it should, of course, read King Alfred.

Sorry 'bout that.

Wasyl

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2009, 01:48:33 am »

I know what you mean ,about the Italians eating habits,when it comes to wildlife,A few years ago i was working on a house on an estate at Elie, which is in the Kingdom of Fife,"for those that don,t know where Fife is,Its a county in Scotland,"The landowner used to rent out his land to shooting parties who came from Italy,They would drive all the way from Italy to Scotland, in Giant double decker buses,that had large freezers fitted in them,They paid lots of money,to be able to shoot Game,i.e.After 12th Aug,which included Pheasants,partridge,duck,woodcock,and hare,and woodpigeon,
These expeditions usually lasted for a week,On one occasion the Head game keeper,it was his house i was working on,was doing a routine check of the freezers on the buses,and what he found,beggered belief,these so called sportsman had been shooting almost anything that moved,their freezers were full of song birds,water hens,rabbits that were only a matter of weeks old,hedgehogs,starlings,+ what they were allowed,
The,Head  gamekeeper went,ballistic and subsequently rounded them all up and told them in no uncertain manner where to go,
And no Italians were ever allowed back on yo the estate,
thankfully we here in this country appreciate most birds for the joy they bring,

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2009, 02:05:31 am »

Talking about "delicacies"brings to mind the barbaric exploits of that other "bunch of eat everything in sight mob"No disrespect intended Roger"the French,I remember seeing a programme on the television,about French delicacies,that they were not allowed to eat in public,but could do so,as long as the covered their head with a cloth whilst eating this alleged delicacy,
Apparently they put dozens of young sparrows in a big shed,with no means of escape,No windows,and fed them nothing but grain,so much grain,that the birds got fat,"Imagine a Fat sparrow," then they were killed then plucked, then some rich people paid through the nose, for this "delicacy"but to avoid prosecution by the French authorities,they could cover their head and mouth with a large hankerchief,then eat these Fat Speuggies,(sparrows)yuk,
Then there,s that other disgusting trait they have,Veal calfs,

Wullie

OMK

« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2009, 03:57:43 am »

Interesting that you should mention the French. The gals and guys from the BBC film crew had a particular loathing for them and their eating habits... especially where Sparrows were concerned. It seems that they're just as guilty as the eye-ties, in as far as using whopping great nets in which to snare the Sparrows during their migration to and from Africa. To my way of thinking it's totally barbaric. But then again, it's no secret that us Limeys are waaaaaay ahead in the civilian stakes anyhow, right?
I would gladly shake the hand of your Scottish landlord pal. Sounds like he's a man who knows what's what for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.