Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model boat lake in Scunthorpe?  (Read 6569 times)

modelman66

Model boat lake in Scunthorpe?
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:56:38 pm »

:( is there anywhere in scunthorpe to use a model ship if so please let me know i havent met anyone yet where i go.

Topic name changed - Admin.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:01:39 pm »

Have a look at
http://www.modelboatlakes.co.nr/
Not a totally definitive list, as a great many club secretaries still believe in keeping secrets, or just havn't heard of it.
I would suggest changing the title to indicate a Scunthorpe connection - It is more likely to attract the attention of someone from the area.
Best of luck with your quest.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model boat lake in Scunthorpe?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:22:19 pm »

Hi

Not Scunthorpe,  but there is a club in Goole if you don't mind a short drive. Suited to scale or slower boats.
If you are interested I can put you in touch. Private club pond behind locked gates.

Bob

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:34:26 pm »

Off topic...
on another forum I go n now and then it doesn't allow "Scunthorpe"...
you get four stars in the middle....... {-)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »

Dont know about a club in sunny scunny Modelman66 but there is plenty of water there .Me and the swimbo call at Morrisons every week and there is a big lake there ,dont look like any one uses that .But like BobF says Goole aint that far away (thats where i is) and the pond and the members are great (inc me and Bob).
We are there every sat afternoon until about four.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

modelman66

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:10:16 pm »

:-\  hi the pond/lake near morrisons is ashby ville i have tried my bismarck there [check photos in forum] but it is often used by jet-skis nice lads,they give me plenty of room but the wash these things make is like a mini tidal wave.easily swamps boat.might sell bismarck 1/200 scale to finance bigger 1/100 scale one maybe more seaworthy.could be long time building though.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:31:42 pm »

it would be a surprise for those nice jet skiers to have a warship around the same size sailing with them  {-) , a few well placed depth charges and of course a strategical placed mine field  O0 . Only kidding ,is there not a pond in the park ,cant remember the road name but the one at the top of the hill near to the hospital ,also what about the water off the  dual carriage road from tesco roundabout to the M180-M18
Daz

modelman66

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:21:27 pm »

:'(there used to be one in central park but council drained years ago  cant figure out where the other one is unless you mean the trout farm/fishing pond allongside m181 on left approaching scunthorpe.

jinks8

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 12:48:53 am »

do not know about Scunthorpe but hull has a club they sail in east park and Brid has a club I think a few go up there to sale could be  a bit far i an thinking but good lads

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 09:30:57 am »

typical council bureaucrats all H+S ,we had one in the park at goole and the council did the same ,still at least we are better where we are now ,secure site and on the docks  {-) bliss . Yeah the ponds are on that road but i didn't know they were trout /fishery's. are you onto bower boats ,you could try twin rivers or maybe the canal ?.
daz

modelman66

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 06:36:07 pm »

??? who are bower boats ?

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »

oops that sould be a P for power boats  :embarrassed: well i could always blame the spell checker (if i had used it).thought that the canal would be ideal for a faster type of boat.
daz

modelman66

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 10:52:56 pm »

i have been told since that ashby ville was used by local boat club but problems arose with jet skiers and the idea was abandoned .according to local model shop.

sentry

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:37 am »

Where are you Sir, As am in Scunthorpe to and am looking to  think Goole looks about the best am going to try and find it soon as am half way though building my first boat the steam tug Canning.
                                              Regards  Sentry.

modelman66

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 09:18:50 pm »

:-)) hi sentry sorry it took so long to reply i would use goole if i was you,the ville you have to go before every one wakes and then leave when they arrive because the wake from those jet ski iss very bad have a look   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qy0Db1xNL8     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCFzfI9ByA   the last link is true to life
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.