Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finnjet model  (Read 3258 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Finnjet model
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:37:28 pm »

found this photo bucket site. I have spoken to the owner and he say its ok to put up a link here.
If you look through you will see the construction of a 1:100 scale model of Finnjet that 2.15m long :D :D O0 O0 %% %%
It give good ideas in how to make big model boats.
ENJOY

john

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/paularai/

Garabaldy

Re: Finnjet model
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:19:53 pm »

when i saw the turbine in the first picture i was like... noooooooooooooo.  And i was right.  Whats the story behind the turbine? 

I wonder how well the stabilisers work?

Paularai

Re: Finnjet model
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:22:30 am »

Hi Garabaldy

Cos918 persuaded me to register, The Turbine in my photobucket account is fitted to a model power boat a "No Mercy" by MHZ Germany.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_DBylU7fDyY&feature=channel_page

Would like to fit it to my Finnjet model for ultimate scale realism but would I suspect end in a fire ball. :D

The Stabilizers you asked about how they work, well quite simple really, Inside the watertight box into which they retract there is a verticle shaft, at the top of this (outside of the box) there is a tiller arm to connect to the servo that extends and retract the fin by servo.

On the same shaft inside the box there is a short verticle tube soildered on app mid way between top and bottom, inside of this brass tube is a shaft with the fin on the outboard end and a small spade on the other. When the fin is in the extended position the spade meets with a brass cup which in turn is connected to a shaft with a second tiller arm that transmits the tilting action to the fin by a servo. when retraded the spade is no longer in the cup and is unaffected by the cups movement.

Are you still with me?

The servo that controls the tilting via the cup joint is in turn connected to a modified model Helicopter gyro, the gyro no longer spins but instead has a pendulum added. This sences the roll of the boat and sends signal to servo, ie roll the boat to port makes the port fin trailing edge rotate down and the starboad fin trailing edge upwards. exactly as per full size.

The extending and retration of the fins is done by a rotary switch on the transmitter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.