Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless motor in a woodern Sea commander or just a bigger battery  (Read 4057 times)

Bluechrisp

Hello all,
I have a woodern sea commander about 7 kilos and 34 inches long, with currently a graupner speed 600, using twin 7.2v 3600 batts, Now looking at a Brushless 700 range 3650 3300KV, to giving it a bit more speed and planeing using a 37.5mm p prop.  :-)

or should I bump up the power on the 600 ie 9.6V using d cells.....?

Any help ideas will be greatly received.  :-))

ChrisP

FullLeatherJacket

Re: Brushless motor in a woodern Sea commander or just a bigger battery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:36:24 pm »

I would hesitate to spend any time trying to get more performance from a single Speed 600 in that model, if I were you. A Speed 700 would be a cheaper replacement than a full brushless set-up.
Don't forget that D-cells are considerably bigger physically than Sub-C's so what you might gain in extra voltage and duration you would lose from the weight gain.
Me? I'd fit a fan-cooled Darke Horse 785 on straight drive with 12 cells in series............... WOOOOOOSH!

FLJ (Ageing hooligan)

Bluechrisp

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 11:36:12 pm »

Hi FLJ,
Thanks for that,  where can I get one of these motors from, is there a graupner equivalent, then use some 10 x 1.2 c cells no probs there. if looking for brushless what would you go for?

Cheers ChrisP  :-))

Proteus

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 11:43:59 pm »

Have a look on the fireboat web site there is a section on powering them , they are a similar weight and construction so you may find what you need there.

Proteus

http://www.modelfireboats.com/rc/setups.php

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 11:58:30 pm »

Bluecrisp pm Flj and he will tell you how to get hold of one,and NO there is no Graupener equivalent believe you me

Stavros

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 08:57:43 am »

Hi FLJ,
Thanks for that,  where can I get one of these motors from, is there a graupner equivalent, then use some 10 x 1.2 c cells no probs there. if looking for brushless what would you go for?

Cheers ChrisP  :-))

I have their retail catalogue in PDF format and I can obtain their products to order for UK modellers. Aussies will already know of "Long John" Darke's Mobile Model Boat Shop - certainly those in Queensland. If you PM me your regular E-Mail address I can forward a copy of the catalogue. There is no equivalent to these motors in the Graupner range........or anywhere else, for that matter. Ask me very nicely and I might just find a spare one kicking around......

I know Sweet Fanny Adams2 about brushless motors - I leave them to the little folk who can make and sell them velly cheap on 't Internet.

FLJ

Stavros

or how about a MMB motor on 24v as in my Perkassa

Stav
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.