Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old salt  (Read 2339 times)

hazegry

old salt
« on: January 11, 2009, 01:20:22 am »

Hi guys,
I have been modeling rc boats for 16 years. I have a few projects in the works right now a hellen and a pushboat.

I am in the US Navy onboard a CVN I was on the USS NASSAU and worked at the Oceana Naval Air Station for a while. I have been in for 10 years 7 of which has been spent on sea duty.

I prefer working boats fishing vessels cargo ships etc, building a warship seem a bit blah to me since I live on one. My son does want me to build a destroyer so I guess thats going to happen lol. my first boat was a Billings boats coastboat Bent I would love to find another, several models fell victim to the xwifes car during the divorce >>:-( but I am building my fleet back up now and look forward to being a part of the forums here.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: old salt
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:44:37 am »

Welcome aboard Hazegry

We would love to see some of your models as well.

What is a CVN, there are many of us on here who are unfamilair with US Navy terminology?

When you are ashore, where is hometown? There may be other Mayhemers near you.

Regards
Mark
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

hazegry

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:00 am »

CVN is a carrier nuclear powered I am in the Va beach area of Virginia. I will dig up some photos everything is in drydock now look for a sidewheeler project cooming soon

hazegry

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:05:04 am »

I think I found the coastboat http://www.happyhobby.com/hobb_html/billings.htm gonna call them tomorrow and place the order if they still have it

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:07 am »

Welcome aboard hazegry.

You'll never get divorced from model boating l.o.l.

Seaspray

hazegry

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 02:40:20 pm »

I just found another source for the boat so its gonna be in the dry dock soon I have to clean out the workshop and get the drydock operational again. SWMBO says I have to dust off the rest of the house too  <*< thats ok I got to figure out where I am putting all the shelves for the other projects  %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.